Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH rented a billboard to let the whole town know that SDs 40 year old boyfriend is dating a 16 year old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We found out that BM had a 40 year old room mate. At first DH though he was probably with BM. Turns out that him and SD were together at her moms house. BM thought there was no issue with it. She says "love is love" and SD16 is more than old enough to know what she wants. She says that her and DH had an age difference so he shouldnt judge. Their age difference is 5 years and she was 21 when they met. That isnt even close to 16 and 40. 

She allows them to share a room. There is nothing illegal about it so DH couldnt call the police. He did try to take it to court and even though the judge didnt like the situation there was nothing illegal about it and he was not going to take custody away from BM for it. 

Well DH told me he had a surprise for me. He took me on a drive and when I saw it I was surprised. He told me that he felt everyone should know about this guy. That if he couldnt do anything legally he could at least spread the word that this man was dating a 16 year old. 

It is just a picture of him and says "This 40 year old man is dating a 16 year old". He said legally there was nothing wrong with it. I feel it is pretty drastic but I know he wants everyone to know what this guy is really like. In the community he is well known and well liked. I bet most would not like him as much if they knew what he was really like. 

ETA: I know people will ask but I wont post pictures. I am pretty sure the billboard company is only in our town and people will know where we live then so I am not going to post anything. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2017 at 2:35 PM
Replies (341-350):
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 10:11 AM
Defamation of Character charge? Awesome if this is true. I do believe there could be some legal ramifications though. Especially if it can be proved that he is suffering due to the billboard.
brianalandanny
by Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Then what is the point of making this post if you won't show the billboard? I don't believe this happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 87 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Isn't it considered statutory rape?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:49 AM

That would only happen if the claim is false. Someone cant sue you for spreading true information 

Quoting fallenangel_353: Defamation of Character charge? Awesome if this is true. I do believe there could be some legal ramifications though. Especially if it can be proved that he is suffering due to the billboard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:49 AM

No

Quoting Anonymous 87: Isn't it considered statutory rape?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:50 AM

That is okay. I dont care if you believe it or not.

Quoting brianalandanny:

Then what is the point of making this post if you won't show the billboard? I don't believe this happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 11:51 AM

Yes because I didnt want it to go viral because of cafemom or the crazies to find us. It is okay if you arent smart enough to understand such basic concepts 

Quoting CheerioHolder: It's a legit billboard, but you're worried about it being posted on cafemom? *eyeroll* mmk.

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 2:24 PM
Ha. Ok.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yes because I didnt want it to go viral because of cafemom or the crazies to find us. It is okay if you arent smart enough to understand such basic concepts 

Quoting CheerioHolder: It's a legit billboard, but you're worried about it being posted on cafemom?

*eyeroll* mmk.

FoxTroll
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 12:05 AM

No pics, no truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 88 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 5:26 AM
Blur or crop out the company's name.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I know people will ask but I wont post pictures. I am pretty sure the billboard company is only in our town and people will know where we live then 

Quoting Zengirl79:

Post a pic of the billboard if this is true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)