Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will allow her back in my house but these are the conditions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
4 years ago,my step sister came over to my house and stole $500 cash that I had my wallet. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was her. I had just put the money in my wallet before she came in she was the only one over and five minutes after she left I went to get the money and it was gone. Nobody else had the opportunity to steal it. I was 23 at the time she was Twenty-One at the time. Our parents, her dad and my mom, took my side. They told her many times she needed to give the money back but she swore up and down she didn't have it. I called the police and they wrote up a police report but there was nothing that they could do. Because it was Cash It was obviously not traceable so all they could do is ask her if she took it and she said no so there was nothing they could do. Our parents went a year without speaking to her over it but at one point my step-father basically told my mom that he's not going to give up his relationship with his daughter over $500. Easy for him to say it wasn't his money. But I guess them not talking to her for a year was quite a lot for him. I wasn't about to give up my own family or make it so that my mom had to choose between spending the holidays with her husband or her children and grandchildren. So I have no problem being around her. I don't talk to her except for exchanging pleasantries I will not trust her I do not bring anything over that I am worried about her stealing but also she's not welcome in my home. Well my mom and my step dad just sold their house to buy a small condo. They want to be able to do more traveling and since they no longer have kids in the house there's just no reason to have that Big 5 bedroom anymore. But because of this they will no longer be able to host family gatherings. I'm the only one of the kids that has a big enough house to be able to host everybody so I will be hosting. But my step-father asked about my step sister. Asking if I would permit her to come to my house because otherwise she will not be included in family functions. I discussed it with my husband and we are allowing her to come under the following conditions

She admits to stealing the money. She stole it there's no doubt in my mind there's no way it could be anyone else.

She pays the money back. She has three months until Thanksgiving 3 months should be plenty of time for her to come up with $500.

She agrees that she is not allowed to bring a purse into house anything that she leaves the house with like Christmas presents or whatever are allowed to be surged and she's not allowed to be anywhere but the kitchen living room or downstairs bathroom.

I sent her an email telling her this. I told her that because of what she did she will have to rebuild our trust. She replied that she is okay with the first and third condition but she will not pay back the money. She says it's been years and we are a lot better off than she is and paying that $500 would hurt her financially but it really would not be that big for us. I told her it was the principle of the matter and that the condition stands.

Personally I think I'm already being very forgiving. I don't know many people who would be willing to allow somebody who stole $500 from them back in their home ever under any condition. But I understand that since I'm the one hosting the holidays it is the right thing to do to let her back in. But I still think that she should make amends for what she did
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:46 PM
Good luck with all that.
GhostWriter85
by Exotic Butters on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:47 PM
Stick to ur guns
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I intend to. Like I said I feel like I'm already being very generous and forgiving by letting her early opportunity to be allowed back in my house. So I feel like she needs to meet me halfway

Quoting GhostWriter85: Stick to ur guns
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You should just say no and never mind all the conditions nonsense.

Dannygirl25
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Someone who stole from me would never be allowed in my house under any circumstances.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:51 PM
Nope. All of it. Just nope.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:52 PM

Well I guess be prepared for the eventual disintegration of your relationship with your mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:57 PM
If my mom wants to diminish or cut our relationship because her step daughter stole from me and I want the money replaced an apology and I'm not going to put blind trust in this woman in my home then you know what she can do that and enjoy the zero grandchildren she's got from my step-sister. Know if push comes to shove my mom will choose me. And her husband will choose her over my step sister

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Well I guess be prepared for the eventual disintegration of your relationship with your mother.

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:58 PM
I don't blame you one bit and yes stick to your guns
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:59 PM
I swear I read something like this last year around Christmas.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)