Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eclipse glasses!!šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
So I am in Illinois and am driving about 2 hours away from home to c the total coverage. I thought since this was a huge event that everywhere would have the glasses for sale. I was so wrong. I never came across them while out so by the time I realized I needed to get some online they were out of the single ones and all reasonable priced ones. I figured I would find them no worries. I would just have to shop around. No. no one has these damn glasses. I had to have a friend get me some from the fb yard sale site. I paid 10$ a pair for them today. And they are the free pair schuncks gave out. I found some on another site and people want 25$ a pair min. It's ridiculous!! I never thought they would be that hard to find. Did anyone else have hard time finding them or wait to the last minute like me.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:48 PM
I didn't look for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:48 PM
I can't find them at all!!! Our library is supposed to be giving some out on Monday at noon, first come first serve, so we may not even get any.
TowerWife
by CrazyDogLady on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:52 PM
I bought mine off Amazon weeks ago
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:54 PM
I saw a flash sale on fb about a month ago and bought 4 pairs on a whim. I'm glad I did now that people are having trouble getting them.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:55 PM
Same. I probably won't even try.

Op I can see your frustration, especially since you are traveling.

You got some though right?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I can't find them at all!!! Our library is supposed to be giving some out on Monday at noon, first come first serve, so we may not even get any.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:55 PM

I tried to get some three weeks ago and they were already selling out/price jacking. I ended up getting a bunch for free from the library in the next town over though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:56 PM

My DH is part of a local astronomy group.  They had purchased a huge box of solar glasses about a year ago to give out at their outreach events.  DH has gotten some glasses from his group and has given a few pairs to his parents and some of DD's friends.

Try calling a local astronomy group and see if they have a few pairs left to give away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:56 PM
Better make sure they are NASA certified. Seriously. Make sure they have the correct ISO number.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:56 PM

#14 or higher welding glasses.   You can find them at hardware stores for under $10-15.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 3:57 PM
My kids school sent them home then we will get more at the library today and i got some at walmart. They were everywhere
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)