Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30th birthday UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Yesterday was my 30th birthday and my bf forgot. No big deal. Just a little surprised since he usually remembers at some point during the day and grabs a card and flowers on his way home.

He's been acting disinterested lately. I'm also pregnant with our first baby. He's Not really excited about that like I thought he'd be either.

I'm worried he's just not happy with our life and that's why he's so disinterested.

UPDATE: last night he proposed! He called and asked me to pick aomething up from the store and when I got home he had set up rose petals and sparkling cider and it was so sweet.

He's been acting weird because he was nervous about proposing.

He pretended to forget my birthday so I'd be more surprised.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:27 PM
Bump
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:28 PM
Sorry, that sucks. Happy birthday!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! Hoping he gets excited about the baby.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Sorry, that sucks. Happy birthday!
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:30 PM

Yes sorry dear. If he forgot your birthday and didn't make it up to you something is going on with him. Time for a heart to heart. When I told my boyfriend I was pregnant the same day he said "so when are we getting married??!" Not what I expected but it made me happy that he wanted that. And my dh has never forgotten my birthday, not in 9 years. Find out what is going on with your bf.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:33 PM
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. He still hasn't realized it was yesterday.

Quoting cali_gurl:

Yes sorry dear. If he forgot your birthday and didn't make it up to you something is going on with him. Time for a heart to heart. When I told my boyfriend I was pregnant the same day he said "so when are we getting married??!" Not what I expected but it made me happy that he wanted that. And my dh has never forgotten my birthday, not in 9 years. Find out what is going on with your bf.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:38 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:40 PM
1. Tell him it was your birthday.

2. Talk to him about the baby and how you feel.

3. If you can't talk about this shot now, your relationship is doomed.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM
Definitely time for a heart to heart. Happy belated birthday
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 7:03 PM

Time to mention your birthday and tell him how you are feeling too. Please update us.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. He still hasn't realized it was yesterday.
Quoting cali_gurl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 9:13 PM

Happy 30th birthday to you. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)