Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:01 PM
  • 71 Replies
So I guess my husbands nephews girlfriend had a baby. He is 19. That is fine I think as long as someone is an adult mind your own business. But she didnt even know she was pregnant!!! How in the hell? I kid you not. She thought she had food poisoning or something. How do you not know?? I always made fun of these people from the show I didn't know I was pregnant. I guess she claims she was still getting periods (I dont think that is possible is it?) I mean you dont feel the kicks?? I mean I am happy for them I guess. They are posting pics on fb so etc.
by on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beth0531
by Beamfloorbars on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:04 PM
How do you not know is right! Did she just think she was getting majorly fat in the belly area for no reason? Or there was an alien like kicking her!?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:07 PM
Sometimes the baby is turned in a way that kicks arent felt or are as noticeable. Normally when its back is to the front belly. I also had a baby who was not a highly active kicker or mover.
ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:08 PM
In a situation like that I bet there was a fair amount of just plain old denial.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:09 PM
I knew this small Asian lady who popped out a baby and never knew she was pregnant. You would have never guessed either she was tiny! She has pcos and didn't get regular periods and had no other symptoms and gained zero weight.
mom2twinboyz
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:09 PM
No she thought she had it and went in and that is when she had it. So I don't know, really no other symptoms until then? I dont get it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Wait. She thought she had food poisoning for nine months?
mom2twinboyz
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:10 PM
Probably. She could have just been really scared to find out.

Quoting ejkdmom: In a situation like that I bet there was a fair amount of just plain old denial.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:11 PM
I didn't know until I was almost 8 months gone. Only found out I was pregnant because my gall bladder went to shit
mom2twinboyz
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:13 PM
Oh wow. No other symptoms looking back. You still menstrated?

Quoting Talkingheads: I didn't know until I was almost 8 months gone. Only found out I was pregnant because my gall bladder went to shit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:13 PM

It is possible to have periods when you are pregnant or no periods when your not pregnant. Congratulations to them on their baby.

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:14 PM
That doesn't always happen. I lost weight when I was pregnant with my daughter. Like 65 pounds and never felt a kick. I found out at almost 8 months gone. I had a normal period the entire time

Quoting Beth0531: How do you not know is right! Did she just think she was getting majorly fat in the belly area for no reason? Or there was an alien like kicking her!?!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)