Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's have a civil debate...monuments **EDIT**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 178 Replies
1 mom liked this
*****Disclaimer***** if there is any way out of line name calling and dumb bullshit I will report You! Let's keep this civil and hear each other out.

Let say they do take down all the monuments, remove any and everything pertaining to the civil war and slavery, what do you think is going to happen? Do you think people will no longer be racist, biggitos, etc. What is the end game ?
Do you think when/If they do take down the monuments that everyone that is a racist will suddenly wake up and say well shit I cant be racist any more?

Also why is it that in the past 32 years of my life have I never heard of anyone say a damn word about any monuments until about 2 weeks ago?

Edit: After reading thru most of the replys no one answered my question. I don't really want to know if or why you think they should be removed. I want to know what is the end game, and why do you think it will change anything reguarding race. I know it won't change anything.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:28 AM
The only thing taking them down would do is stop te vandalism.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:30 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree. I have been on this big blue ball a long time. It has never been an issue. Taking them down won't change a thing.
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:30 AM
4 moms liked this
It's a step, not a solution.
And I've heard about this many times, I'm also 32.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Monuments are there to honor people. If the majority find these people's actions dishonorable, why do we have them? Should we throw up a monument of the 911 terrorists in the name of history?

Of course ignorance and hate will still exist. That is a heart issue, not a statue issue. It's a related, but different topic that that of the monuments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:38 AM
What do you think is a good solution?

Quoting Anonymous 4: Monuments are there to honor people. If the majority find these people's actions dishonorable, why do we have them? Should we throw up a monument of the 911 terrorists in the name of history?

Of course ignorance and hate will still exist. That is a heart issue, not a statue issue. It's a related, but different topic that that of the monuments.
MeaganP
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:39 AM
3 moms liked this
So after we take down the monuments what is next. Do we start burning books, sensor TV and radio

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:42 AM

I think it's just ridiculous

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this
That's honesty what I'm afraid of.

Quoting MeaganP: So after we take down the monuments what is next. Do we start burning books, sensor TV and radio

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:43 AM
12 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:44 AM
Very true.

Quoting Anonymous 6:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)