Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tuna Melt

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:38 AM
  • 27 Replies

A truly underrated sandwich IMHO.  I forgot to eat breakfast, it's 11:30 and I've been up since 7, making the tuna melt I just ate was the best one ever.  However, after serving them for dinner last night, I remembered how good they are.

What's something you really enjoy that you find to be underrated by the masses?

by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustKeepsmoving
by 5 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:42 AM
I hate tuna melts. I do like a regular tuna sandwich in toast with a bowl of tomato soup on the side. Yummy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I am eating a tuna melt right now. It is delicious.
tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

a roast beef or turkey Manhattan hot open-faced sandwich. It's less like a sandwich and more like a meal that happens to have bread on the bottom.

I make a great Monte Cristo. Turkey and ham and muenster cheese on raisin bread, eggwashed and french toasted. very good. 

MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:45 AM

Taco Bell bean burritos.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Bean burritos

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I love tuna melts! I think I'll make one for lunch now. What's your recipe?
MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:47 AM

I'm coming over for a Monte Cristo.

Quoting tsatske2:

a roast beef or turkey Manhattan hot open-faced sandwich. It's less like a sandwich and more like a meal that happens to have bread on the bottom.

I make a great Monte Cristo. Turkey and ham and muenster cheese on raisin bread, eggwashed and french toasted. very good. 

tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
tQuoting JustKeepsmoving: I hate tuna melts. I do like a regular tuna sandwich in toast with a bowl of tomato soup on the side. Yummy!

This is my favorite way to have tuna - or on crackers, but either way, tomato soup on the side. I make a great cold tomato soup. 2 of them actually. Take a can of Campbell's tomato soup and thin it with either buttermilk or coconut milk - two very different soups, but both very good. 

MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:48 AM

In the tuna, Hellman's (Best Foods) mayonnaise, Lawry's seasoned salt, fresh ground pepper and capers.  Cheap ass white bread and kraft American slices.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I love tuna melts! I think I'll make one for lunch now. What's your recipe?

tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MenopauseManiac:

I'm coming over for a Monte Cristo.

Quoting tsatske2:

Great! meeting you would be awe inspiring! And you can meet my nephews, two of the coolest people on the planet!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I love tuna melts. I add chili powder to it. I love hot turkey sandwiches with gravy and mashed potatoes. Few restaurants still have this on the menu except during the holidays.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)