Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I shouldn't feel guilty for choosing to formula feed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
3 moms liked this
Seriously. I get it - "breast is best", but I absolutely hate it. I've been exclusively breastfeeding my second son for 7 weeks. This is an amazing accomplishment for me, but I think I'm done.

I've been getting shit from everyone about it. The pressure to continue is driving me crazy. I just want to stop. My supply has been decreasing for some reason and I don't feel like it's worth the stress.

Who cares what anyone else thinks, right?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2017 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Do whats comfortable for YOU.

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Aug. 20, 2017 at 2:01 PM
I never felt guilty, still don't and never will.
goodmama85
by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 2:01 PM
Do what's best for YOU and your BABY
goatmom4
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 2:02 PM
The baby will get nutrition either way to bad the stress could be causing milk supply to go down formula can be good when they are old enough introducing food is fun
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Never once felt guilty for feeding my child. You shouldn't either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 2:04 PM
I hated breastfeeding too. I have two happy, healthy almost teenagers that were formula fed.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 2:04 PM
4 moms liked this

for the rest of your life, you're going to have people throwing stones at you, no matter what you choose. learn now that it's okay to tell them to fuck off.

it's not like you've stuck vodka and razor blades in their bottle and then left them in a car. you'll be fine.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 2:04 PM
Never feel guilty for choosing to feed YOUR child how YOU see fit. A happy mom makes a happy baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 2:04 PM
As long as baby's fed everyone else can shut the hell up. I tried breastfeeding 2 out of my 3 kids and it was awful. I hated it and it stressed me out. I never made it to 6 weeks.
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Aug. 20, 2017 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

More than likely your supply has diminished due to stress.  It's important that the baby is fed, whether that be formula or breastmilk is up to you.  Breastfeeding is a long, hard committment, and not one to be bullied into. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)