Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The American flag

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
With all these movements, protests and petitions to rid all monuments, name, confederate flags, etc. of the civil war, I'm wondering what's next.
I see people burning the American flag and saying it's racist. It is very possible this is the next target. How would you feel about protests against the American flag being removed? What about the American anthem? What are your thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2017 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2017 at 4:56 PM
I'm not curious of your thoughts on the whole civil war thing, just the American flag and anthem and the possibility of them being protested against.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 4:57 PM
It isn't a problem until its a problem. I prefer to focus on what already is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2017 at 4:59 PM
It's already headed that way. Like I said, people have been burning the American flag and saying it's racist:

Quoting Anonymous 2: It isn't a problem until its a problem. I prefer to focus on what already is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 5:00 PM
Pretty soon America will just be known as the symbol formerly known as America, kind of like Prince. 🤔
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I have refused to participate in flag worship, pledge of allegiance and national anthem type fake patriotism for almost a decade now. My feelings about that stuff are nothing new and not related to this confederate statue issue in any way. You are just looking for controversy with this post though.
hburnette3
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope not. That flag stands for every person
in the USA. not one group more than another.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2017 at 5:01 PM
Lol

Quoting Anonymous 3: Pretty soon America will just be known as the symbol formerly known as America, kind of like Prince. 🤔
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I won't remove my American flag. Just like I won't remove my confederate flag. People can piss off. 

Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Aug. 20, 2017 at 5:02 PM

We need a flag...

Image result for eddie izzard flag meme

hburnette3
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 5:02 PM
Why do you refuse?

Quoting Anonymous 4: I have refused to participate in flag worship, pledge of allegiance and national anthem type fake patriotism for almost a decade now. My feelings about that stuff are nothing new and not related to this confederate statue issue in any way. You are just looking for controversy with this post though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)