Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was anyone here abused as a child and still (or now) believes in the Christian God? Eta

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 147 Replies
?

Eta
I just don't get why God would ever let this happen. Why did he create evil, or allow it to continue? Why is 'free will' such a good argument? He wants to see if we are good enough for Heaven? He would already know that. Why let it play out like this? It seems sick to me
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:52 PM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I was horribly physically and sexually abused and I absolutely believe in Jesus Christ.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:55 PM
What kept you believing?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I was horribly physically and sexually abused and I absolutely believe in Jesus Christ.
mom22boys333
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:56 PM
I was molested and raped both by "good church going fellows", one at a church event. No, I'm not a believer
tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:58 PM
12 moms liked this

Yes. I had a horrible childhood. My stepfather sexually and phyxically abused us. Before my mother met him, I was abused by her family whenever she would split up with my dad and move back home to her family for a while, which was often. After I was removed from my mother's home, I lived with my paternal grandparents. My grandmother was crazy and very emotionally abusive. I had a very bad start. I am also a widow who has lost 3 children - 2 perinatally and one at 19 to an MVA. 

But I have a beautiful and blessed life for which I am so grateful. I have a loving and wonderful family and 3 wonderful sons of whom I am so proud So much is about being aware of your blessings. God is good, all the time. We live in a broken world in which bad things happen, but God draws straight pictures out of crooked lines. I love God so much. And I have a wonderful church family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:59 PM
5 moms liked this
I was molested by a pastor, and yes, I still believe. Why wouldn't I? He doesn't represent the true nature of God, so why should his actions turn me away from my faith?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear that :/ what has kept you believing?

Quoting tsatske2:

Yes. I had a horrible childhood. My stepfather sexually and phyxically abused us. Before my mother met him, I was abused by her family whenever she would split up with my dad and move back home to her family for a while, which was often. After I was removed from my mother's home, I lived with my paternal grandparents. My grandmother was crazy and very emotionally abusive. I had a very bad start. I am also a widow who has lost 3 children - 2 perinatally and one at 19 to an MVA. 

But I have a beautiful and blessed life for which I am so grateful. I have a loving and wonderful family and 3 wonderful sons of whom I am so proud So much is about being aware of your blessings. God is good, all the time. We live in a broken world in which bad things happen, but God draws straight pictures out of crooked lines. I love God so much. And I have a wonderful church family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM
I guess I just don't understand how God could ever let it happen.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I was molested by a pastor, and yes, I still believe. Why wouldn't I? He doesn't represent the true nature of God, so why should his actions turn me away from my faith?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I was abused as a child by my mother, but raised in the church because of my father. I was also in an abusive marriage for 10 years because of my self confidence issues. I think my identity being wrapped up in the church contributed to that.

I don't know what I believe about God anymore to be honest. I think God exists, because I don't think this world happened without a creator. Other than that I don't know who he is anymore.

At the moment I'm too consumed by rebuilding my life after leaving my husband. When I'm more stable I will come back to figuring out what I believe. I don't have the headspace for it right now.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 20, 2017 at 7:03 PM
Yes, another person's actions have nothing to do with God!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)