Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're ordering from a drive through don't be this a******. ETA more

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this
Don't be that asshole that orders from the passenger or back seat. Just tell the damn driver what you want. The one taking your order can't hear you. Then don't become the bigger asshole that gets pissed when you're asked to repeat yourself or your order gets put in wrong, because again, the one taking your order can't hear you.
ETA don't expect the cashier to cover the change part of your total because you don't want to break a dollar.
Don't park far from the window then try to hand your money over with your right hand.

When your order is being read back to you, LISTEN. Listen to the fucking cashier, they're reading it back for a reason. Show basic listening skills, don't just focus on what you want to say, listen. When you don't listen and just say yes your order, surprise surprise, is messed up.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:14 PM
As someone who has worked in fast food for 5 years, I could hear everyone in the car just fine.
Oh and when DH drives, he can't order for me sooooooooo, whatever, the order taker always hears me just fine
madwifa
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:14 PM
Omg dh just made me do that today. I was in the back and we went through the drive through at McDonald's I wanted a mocha frappe he pulls up opens my window and makes me order. I thought wtf?? Lazy.
I was in the back because we had others in the car it wasn't just us
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm guessing he just didn't want to say "frappé" for fear of sounding French.
I'm obnoxious about it. I order it as a Frappie.

Quoting madwifa: Omg dh just made me do that today. I was in the back and we went through the drive through at McDonald's I wanted a mocha frappe he pulls up opens my window and makes me order. I thought wtf?? Lazy.
I was in the back because we had others in the car it wasn't just us
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:56 AM
Bump for ETA
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:15 AM
If the driver is deaf or has another issue, they may need the passenger to order for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:16 AM
But when they're not, they're assholes.

Quoting Anonymous 4: If the driver is deaf or has another issue, they may need the passenger to order for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:16 AM
You want a cookie for super hearing?

Quoting Anonymous 2: As someone who has worked in fast food for 5 years, I could hear everyone in the car just fine.
Oh and when DH drives, he can't order for me sooooooooo, whatever, the order taker always hears me just fine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:01 PM
Bump for more
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:03 PM
My dad hands money over with his right hand. He can barely use his left arm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:04 PM
I had my passenger order at Starbucks today because I don't speak coffee. They heard her no problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)