Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parents moving in with me.......

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:50 PM
  • 53 Replies
Was a huge mistake.

It's been a month now. I am ready to pull out my hair.

My parents wasted all my dad's money. So they cant really afford much. I have a house with just my son and I. It's a ranch. It has 3 bedrooms 2 full baths.

Well I feel weird in my own house. I kind of feel like it's not my house anymore.

Our lives have changed and I know theirs did too.
My dad has completely taken over our living room tv. He gets mad when my son or I want the Tv. He also has his monitor for fire calls in the living room. At top volume. And one in his bedroom.

Also when he is sleeping there can be no noise. But when my son and I are asleep it doesn't matter. My mom always tells me to make sure my son and I are both silent in the morning.

I have my own bathroom. It's part of my bedroom. Now the previous owners out a 2nd door from the hallway. They have always known that it's my bathroom. Everyone else uses the bathroom on the other end of the hall. My dad likes my shower better. So this morning he user it and got mad that I had pads on the shelf along with stuff in my trash can.

There is so much more.

I know I know I am horrible.

by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Kick them out now before it's too late. My mom was only supposed to live with us for a few months. It's been 5 years.
HandMmom12
by Jody on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Send them on their way. For your sanity and to keep a decent relationship with your parents.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Why did they move in with you?
I would put a lock on the bathroom that's yours & keep it locked at all times & a lock with a key on your bedroom door as well.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:55 PM
You need to put in them in their place
Jaylyn82
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:57 PM
I feel bad

Quoting Anonymous 1: Kick them out now before it's too late. My mom was only supposed to live with us for a few months. It's been 5 years.
Jaylyn82
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:57 PM
I just feel bad

Quoting HandMmom12:

Send them on their way. For your sanity and to keep a decent relationship with your parents.

Jaylyn82
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:58 PM
They wasted all my dad's retirement

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Why did they move in with you?
I would put a lock on the bathroom that's yours & keep it locked at all times & a lock with a key on your bedroom door as well.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:58 PM

get them out.tell them this is your fucking house and if they want to stay,give you your fucking tv and you will make as much noise as you want.if they dont like it tell them to get their mooching asses out!

JustKeepsmoving
by 5 on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:58 PM
My grandmother was only supposed to stay with us for a short time. She is still living with us 13.5 years later.

I hope you are charging them rent.

goatmom4
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:59 PM
Yup I would leave pads out on purpose ,, make them behave ,, my mother in law would make me run away
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)