Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does my toddler hit herself?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
When she is throwing a fit. She is hitting the side of her face and head pretty hard. Help!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this
My son did that, he grew out of it.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:06 AM
Drama queen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:07 AM
Toddlers don't know how to self regulate emotions. It is most likely an expression of frustration. It's up to you to teach her how to deal with emotions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:15 AM
She was overly tired and pretty mad about it

Quoting Anonymous 3: Toddlers don't know how to self regulate emotions. It is most likely an expression of frustration. It's up to you to teach her how to deal with emotions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:15 AM
That made me lol thank you for that!

Quoting Ted1242: Drama queen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:17 AM
That is common with toddlers.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She was overly tired and pretty mad about it

Quoting Anonymous 3: Toddlers don't know how to self regulate emotions. It is most likely an expression of frustration. It's up to you to teach her how to deal with emotions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:23 AM
My oldest never did anything like this so I was worried. Thank you for easing my mind!

Quoting Anonymous 3: That is common with toddlers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:23 AM
LIES!!!!

Ds didn't smack himself but he'd rock until he has bruises on his head and back, he broke the side of his crib. Ahh! I took him to the doctors at 10 months bc i was freaking out. By then, he was doing it for 2 months He did it everywhere. The doctor said he'd outgrow it.

He'll be 12 in October and he still rocks/bangs his head on stuff... when he's bored, falling asleep, waking up, watching tv, in the car. It's endless.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My son did that, he grew out of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:26 AM
My daughter didn't either, but my nephew did. It's not something that every toddler does, but it's common enough. You are welcome.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My oldest never did anything like this so I was worried. Thank you for easing my mind!

Quoting Anonymous 3: That is common with toddlers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear that about your son. After my son calmed down I would talk to him about it. it took awhile but he eventually stopped. He is 7 now.

Quoting Anonymous 4: LIES!!!!

Ds didn't smack himself but he'd rock until he has bruises on his head and back, he broke the side of his crib. Ahh! I took him to the doctors at 10 months bc i was freaking out. By then, he was doing it for 2 months He did it everywhere. The doctor said he'd outgrow it.

He'll be 12 in October and he still rocks/bangs his head on stuff... when he's bored, falling asleep, waking up, watching tv, in the car. It's endless.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My son did that, he grew out of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)