Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So you told me my kids needs to be evaluated but you can't have a conference?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
Teacher said my son needs to be evaluated on Thursday 17. I asked that same day for a conference but she probably didn't get the message until Friday 18. We'll she emailed me yesterday and wants the conference on Thursday 24
Hell no
That's a week after you dropped a bomb
She will have to make herself available before Thursday
How long will your kids teacher keep you waiting ?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:12 AM
Bump
codysara
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
A 4 day weekday schedule seems reasonable. Why not accommodate in order to help your child?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:16 AM
Meeting her on Thursday is 5 school days after I called her

Quoting codysara: A 4 day weekday schedule seems reasonable. Why not accommodate in order to help your child?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:17 AM
I'm actually helping my child by asking to see her before and schedule a follow up for 30 days after .

Quoting codysara: A 4 day weekday schedule seems reasonable. Why not accommodate in order to help your child?
codysara
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
She, as you said.. may not have gotten it until Friday. Then a weekend. Calls to schedule on Monday may be full, and horribly short notice. Thursday seems acceptable.
What is she telling you needs addressed?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Meeting her on Thursday is 5 school days after I called her

sweetgrlangel
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:20 AM
2 moms liked this
They have to evaluate/test. Then they have to go over it and process it and decide what they think is the best plan of action, then they present it to you, the parent. If you don't like the plan then they work with you to come up with one that everyone likes. 1 week seems relatively fast, I usually wait longer.
codysara
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:21 AM
how? Addressing an incident 30 days after, is in most states considered neglect.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm actually helping my child by asking to see her before and schedule a follow up for 30 days after .

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:28 AM
2 moms liked this
That's seems reasonable to me. Teachers and administrators and counselors are crazy busy at the beginning of the year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:30 AM
Evaluation for what exactly. If they are saying learning disabilities etc. or not told you at all then you need the conference before anything is done. Usually you also go through your doctor for his or her input as well before any plans are even suggested. If you do not know what is going on or going to happen call the principal and explain that you want nothing done until you understand
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Aug. 21, 2017 at 3:07 AM
If it is a learning disability evaluation it would take awhile to get the results and they won't have a meeting until the results so the school and teachers can make changes to your child's education.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)