Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not staying up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
Every day I get my 3rd grade daughter up for school at 6 AM. I help her dress and do her hair and make sure she eats. The bus arrives at 6:45. I go back to bed. Last year, my stepdaughter was also part of the routine. But she started middle school this year. The middle school bus doesn't come until 7:45. No, I am not staying up to let her sleep an extra hour and do it all over again. She can either get up with my daughter at 6 and then watch tv on her own for an HR after my daughter leaves or she can get herself up. I don't sleep well at night and I need to sleep another hr or two in the mornings in order to function all day like a human
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Meh. My 7 and 9 yr olds were able to lock the door and get themselves on the bus after I left for work in the mornings. A middle schooler should certainly be able to entertain themselves for an hour and get on a school bus.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:42 AM
I agree. She is 11. She is plenty old enough to get herself up or watch TV for an hour alone.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Meh. My 7 and 9 yr olds were able to lock the door and get themselves on the bus after I left for work in the mornings. A middle schooler should certainly be able to entertain themselves for an hour and get on a school bus.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:42 AM
Buy her an alarm clock. She's old enough to be self sufficient. So you not work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:43 AM
No, I don't work outside the home. I'm in school two evenings a week and don't plan to work until I finish.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Buy her an alarm clock. She's old enough to be self sufficient. So you not work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:46 AM
Way off topic, but I'm always interested...What are you studying?
How much longer do you have? What do you plan to do with your degree?

Quoting Anonymous 1: No, I don't work outside the home. I'm in school two evenings a week and don't plan to work until I finish.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Buy her an alarm clock. She's old enough to be self sufficient. So you not work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:49 AM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:51 AM
I'm just taking a certificate course for cosmetology.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Way off topic, but I'm always interested...What are you studying?

Quoting Anonymous 1: No, I don't work outside the home. I'm in school two evenings a week and don't plan to work until I finish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:51 AM
?

Quoting Anonymous 4: .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this
How long does that take? What will that let you do?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm just taking a certificate course for cosmetology.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Way off topic, but I'm always interested...What are you studying?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:53 AM
The course I'm in is 9 months long. I just started so it will be a while. I can do hair with it at most salons.

Quoting Anonymous 3: How long does that take? What will that let you do?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm just taking a certificate course for cosmetology.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)