Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes I wish I worked a more brainless job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
My job has so many aspects to it, it's almost impossible not to make mistakes. I have to be careful, analytical, and customer friendly. I have so many levels of bosses, I couldn't tell you how many there are. Company best practices flip flop like pancakes. I'm good at my job, but sometimes I wish I could do something easier, but still make the money.

Ok vent over. I love my job. I love my job....
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:31 AM
Im still waiting for training at my new job...Right now and for the past month all Ive done is read policy.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:36 AM
I have one of those mind-numbing "takes little effort to think" jobs. It's good and bad. I'm too old to try to remember a bunch of different things. All the other departments have these conditional rules with thousands of clients that you have to remember. They offered me a cross-collaboration which I had originally thought was a promotion. Come to find out that it was a bilateral move & it would've been at the same pay rate. So you want me to have more stress for the same money? I turned it down. No thanks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:40 AM

You sound like me most mornings.

I work IT at a school district. My worst customers are the staff, students make equally silly mistakes or asumptions but in the end I clean up a lot of boo-boo's by people playing geek squad on school devices.

I could easliy walk away today. My husband likes the look of my paycheck though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:42 AM
So go work for min wage plus a buck or two somewhere. If you want to be paid for more than that, you have to do more than that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:42 AM
I had that same thought the other day. I was at subway on my lunch break and was thinking how nice it would be to just make fucking sandwiches all day and then go home and that's it.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:45 AM
I just want a job where I don't have to talk to anyone, sit in a quiet room alone and not have to listen to anyone bitch all night long. I don't even care of its mindless or the pay is less. I just want peace and quiet....oh and a day shift
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:45 AM
You would think this is true, but it's not always. There are high paying jobs that easier than mine.

Quoting Anonymous 4: So go work for min wage plus a buck or two somewhere. If you want to be paid for more than that, you have to do more than that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:46 AM
Well then if they're so easy to get, go work there.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You would think this is true, but it's not always. There are high paying jobs that easier than mine.

Quoting Anonymous 4: So go work for min wage plus a buck or two somewhere. If you want to be paid for more than that, you have to do more than that.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:46 AM
Haha you'd love my job. You described it to a tee. So quiet you feel like falling asleep sometimes

Quoting WemblyFraggle: I just want a job where I don't have to talk to anyone, sit in a quiet room alone and not have to listen to anyone bitch all night long. I don't even care of its mindless or the pay is less. I just want peace and quiet....oh and a day shift
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:47 AM
I didn't say they were easy to get. I said they're easier than what I do.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Well then if they're so easy to get, go work there.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You would think this is true, but it's not always. There are high paying jobs that easier than mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)