Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are happy as we are and I am happy being me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 231 Replies
1 mom liked this
We went to a cook out with my boyfriend's family over the weekend. Immediately his mother started in. Are you working yet? Well have you looked here here and here? No, I'm not working and I'm not even looking actively right now. I have some health problems and immune system issues and I seem to do better when I stay home. My boyfriend is perfectly happy being the breadwinner while I focus on the kids and the house. We want to have a baby soon and we need me to be as healthy as possible to be able to do that. She refuses to get it that we are happy with our arrangement. She kept saying things like 'Oh you'll be so much happier when you go back to work' 'youll feel so much better about yourself getting out there every day' and 'wont (boyfriend) be so thrilled when you find work?'

No, working doesn't make me happier or feel better about myself. Boyfriend is perfectly happy with OUR choice for me to stay at home. No, I don't feel the need to be out there" every day. I much prefer being able to stay home, rest when I need to, take care of the house and spend time with the kids when they are here. I just want to scream MYOB LADY! But she is his Mom and he loves her so I won't.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:58 AM
23 moms liked this

You shouldn't be having any babies if your health is bad. If you are too sick to work, you're too sick to be pregnant. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:58 AM
8 moms liked this
Well good thing you're just the girlfriend and not the wife. Maybe mom can help him find a woman who wants to work and not sit on her ass all day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:59 AM
I have an autoimmune disease and an old injury that never healed properly. I'm not going to die. Nor am I giving up having children because of it.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

You shouldn't be having any babies if your health is bad. If you are too sick to work, you're too sick to be pregnant. 

OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:00 AM
4 moms liked this

You should. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have an autoimmune disease and an old injury that never healed properly. I'm not going to die. Nor am I giving up having children because of it.
Quoting OrangeBalloon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:02 AM
I'm not the wife because we are waiting until we can afford my WEDDING not do some stupid Justice of the Peace ceremony. We saved this year's tax returns. We will be saving next year's too and then we should have enough to start planning.

My boyfriend is perfectly content for me to stay home. It was partially his idea and he supports the plan all the way. He says he loves being able to take care of me and that I don't HAVE to go to work to make money

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well good thing you're just the girlfriend and not the wife. Maybe mom can help him find a woman who wants to work and not sit on her ass all day.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:02 AM
4 moms liked this

Yeah, you don't come off well in this story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not going to.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

You should. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have an autoimmune disease and an old injury that never healed properly. I'm not going to die. Nor am I giving up having children because of it.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this
I couldn't be ok in your situation but as long as you & your boyfriend are happy, they should stay out of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM
It isn't for everyone but it works for us. Yeah she should stay out of it.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I couldn't be ok in your situation but as long as you & your boyfriend are happy, they should stay out of it.
heart_n_soul
by Trinity on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM
7 moms liked this

If you aren't healthy enough to work, you aren't healthy enough to have a baby. Pregnancy is a lot harder on your body than working. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)