Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black people

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 163 Replies
I'm ignorant on what issues black people have today. I'm asking a serious question to blacks. What would you like to see done? What do you feel are the issues in today's society against blacks.

Edit: to be clear I'm asking about things that can be changed. Things we can legally stand for or against. I'm not asking about changing racists thoughts and feelings. Be realistic, that will never happen. You can't control people.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:44 AM
4 moms liked this
You do realize that one black person isn't the representative for all black people. And the issues are different, varied or non existent depending on the person
md3mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM
5 moms liked this
Everything in this graphic. https://radicaldiscipleship.net/2017/07/05/white-supremacy-overt-covert/

Also it should be noted that expecting POC to educate white people is one of the items.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:03 PM
I wasn't speaking to one black person. I very clearly said black people, plural. What is the general problem that needs to be changed and how can we do it?

Quoting Anonymous 3: You do realize that one black person isn't the representative for all black people. And the issues are different, varied or non existent depending on the person
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:04 PM
Did you not understand the question. It was simple

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:05 PM
How do you expect to get any results without educating? That is stupid.

Quoting md3mom: Everything in this graphic. https://radicaldiscipleship.net/2017/07/05/white-supremacy-overt-covert/

Also it should be noted that expecting POC to educate white people is one of the items.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I understood. I also understand you are very ignorant if you can open your eyes to look around to see what struggles black people face everyday.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Did you not understand the question. It was simple

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this
.....she sent you a link providing what you are asking.....?

Quoting Anonymous 1: How do you expect to get any results without educating? That is stupid.

Quoting md3mom: Everything in this graphic. https://radicaldiscipleship.net/2017/07/05/white-supremacy-overt-covert/

md3mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I did, I just provided the graphic. There are also plenty of resources online that you can refer to if you are honestly interested in understanding. There are also plenty of knowledgeable white people who can assist.

Quoting Anonymous 1: How do you expect to get any results without educating? That is stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:07 PM
I want personal, real answers. I'm not looking for repeated media crap that gets spread around like fertilizer. How do we fix it? Be realistic. There will always be racism. We can't force people to think and feel the way we want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)