Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some lady just took my picture while I'm sitting in my car *Updated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 171 Replies

We got to my DD's dental appointment early so we rolled down the windows and DD started singing along to the music she was listening to. This lady came by and glared at us. She sat on a bench in front of us on DD's side of the car and started smoking. So I put DD's window up and DD stopped singing. When she got done smoking she stood in front of me and  took a picture, took a big puff on her cigarette, and walked past again looking at DD like she wanted to kill her.

WTH?! Are people just acting weird because of the eclipse or what?

*Updated:

Well, that went off the rails, confirming my thoughts that people might have been acting different or weird due to the eclipse. lol

I want to add a few things...

I'm sure most people have heard someone blame unusual occurrences on a full moon.  "My kids are acting crazy.  Must be a full moon."  "My husband did the dishes without me asking him to.  Must be a full moon."  "My cat is finally being nice to the dog.  Must be a full moon."  "My boss is being extra grumpy.  Must be a full moon."  Some people might actually believe that the moon has an effect on people and animals (and that's ok, maybe it does or maybe it doesn't) and others just say it because, well, people say stuff like that all the time without necessarily literally meaning it.  

With the eclipse being a pretty big deal to a lot of people yesterday, I was blaming it for people acting differently, but I don't literally believe that it made the woman take a picture of us.  I do, however, believe it may have made the people inside the dental office be in a happy mood.  It was an exciting event for a lot of people so they were still giddy about it.  

Here's a copy and paste of my comment on page 2 to explain a bit more:  

I went inside with my daughter for the appointment and the people at the reception desk were acting silly and giddy and the people in the waiting room were all happy and friendly.  It's usually not like that.  People usually keep more to themselves and are more serious as they wait for their root canal or ortho appointment or whatever. I thought it seemed "weird" so I replied to my own post to report that yes, indeed, people are acting different than usual. Of course, the cranky looking lady taking the picture or the good mood inside the dentist office may or may not have been caused by the eclipse.  People wonder about a full moon changing people's moods, so why not an eclipse?  Cranky lady, maybe not.  Happy people, maybe.  Anonymous 2, who knows?  :)

DD and I were talking about it later and we wonder if maybe the lady thought we were talking about her or thought that we took her picture.  After putting the window up, we were both looking at our phones.  I showed DD some funny pictures my mom and sister texted me of them watching the eclipse and DD showed me some funny things she was looking at on Instagram.  So maybe the lady thought we were laughing at her or had taken her picture and were laughing about it.  I don't know.  She took our picture and we don't know why.  Oh well.  Nothing I can really do about it.  But I thought it would be interesting to see what the ladies here thought about it.  

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:36 PM
Yep, must be the eclipse. People are weird in here in the dentist office too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:37 PM
4 moms liked this
You realize we know you responded to your own post right? Lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yep, must be the eclipse. People are weird in here in the dentist office too.
catonastick
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:40 PM

LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:44 PM

LMAO!!!

Quoting Anonymous 2: You realize we know you responded to your own post right? Lol
Quoting Anonymous 1: Yep, must be the eclipse. People are weird in here in the dentist office too.

paigea
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:44 PM

Weird but nothing to do with the eclipse.  I have to take pictures of businesses sometimes when I am mystery shopping.  I try not to get anyone in them but it is hard sometimes.  I always feel like I stick out like a sore thumb when I am taking my pictures and worry about what others are thinking. lol

Doesn't sound like it was that though.

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:49 PM

people are weird every day

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:51 PM
13 moms liked this
Pretty sure she knows since she mentioned in the opening post she was in front of dentist office and her reply was then from inside the dentist office.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You realize we know you responded to your own post right? Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:53 PM
People are extra mean here today too
Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:56 PM
How long have you been a mystery shopper? Is the money decent for it? What does it all entail? I'm curious

Quoting paigea:

Weird but nothing to do with the eclipse.  I have to take pictures of businesses sometimes when I am mystery shopping.  I try not to get anyone in them but it is hard sometimes.  I always feel like I stick out like a sore thumb when I am taking my pictures and worry about what others are thinking. lol

Doesn't sound like it was that though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 21, 2017 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Shame on you! You should have posed! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)