Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever seen a therapist?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

I never have seen a therapist, but sometimes I wish I could see someone.  I wonder if I'd be a better mom if I could work through whatever "issues" I have.

Have you ever seen a therapist?  Was it helpful?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 1:27 AM
Only for the past 20 plus years
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 1:29 AM
For a few years when I was a teenager. No, it wasnt helpful at all. That might have just been because I was forced to be there though.
Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 1:30 AM
When I was a teenager. Didn't really help. Think it depends on the therapist and if you're willing to do the work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 1:31 AM
Yes and yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 1:32 AM
I was told to but never have
MissTuree
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 1:33 AM
I was forced to go as a teen as well. It did nothing for me, other than make me extremely angry. I went again when I was in my mid 20's. Best decision I ever made. It helped a lot. I think finding the right therapist for you is very important. I wish I would've been able to see her more, but I was only granted so many sessions. (A particular program I was using) I have since seen other therapists that weren't very useful. They were psychiatrists that only wanted to solve problems via medication. Or, do this for 4 weeks and you'll be cured. Not what I'm looking for.

Quoting Anonymous 3: For a few years when I was a teenager. No, it wasnt helpful at all. That might have just been because I was forced to be there though.
amatwin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 1:33 AM

Yes and yes. My husband and I see the same counselor for individual and then 1x a month for couple. Just started at the beginning of this year and it has made a world of diffrence! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:52 AM

Really?  Do you feel like it's been productive?  It is neverending?  I don't quite get that.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Only for the past 20 plus years

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:53 AM

Who told you to go?  And why didn't you?

Quoting Anonymous 5: I was told to but never have

Trixie_dahl
by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:57 AM
Twice as a kid. My mom took me because I'm nocturnal and never slept nights very well and still don't plus I wasn't like her other three precious do nothing wrong kids who she knows never did anything right but i wasn't like them do something must be wrong with me. Insurance paid two sessions unless they thought I needed more. Therapist didn't find anything wrong with me so that ended that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)