Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not making a special trip

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have 3 kids - dd17,ds15 and dd13 - and a sd12. My two older kids go to the high school. My younger daughter and stepdaughter both go to the middle school. My husband has 50/50 week on/week off custody of SD.

There is no school bus access where we live. My oldest daughter drives the other kids to school. She has her own car and the middle School is right by the high school

Now BM is saying she doesn't want SD in the car with dd and that I have to take her to school. That isn't happening. The drop off lines are Hell and there is no reason to waste gas when my daughter is already going there. My husband goes to work way before the kids leave. This whole thing is just stupid. My daughter is a safe driver and there are no restrictions because she has had her license for long enough not to. I am not bending on this one. BM is pissed but dh is fine with it and he is the one that is in charge during his custodial time.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Blended family back to school posts have begun.
redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I am team you. If she does not want her DD riding with your DD driving-then she is going to have to come get her DD and take her to school everyday herself then and bring her home. If she wants to do that, I would allow it. But otherwise, I would tell her DD is driving her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:48 AM
Oh she's free to do it herself. That's all her. But I'm not doing it.

Quoting redbottoms: I am team you. If she does not want her DD riding with your DD driving-then she is going to have to come get her DD and take her to school everyday herself then and bring her home. If she wants to do that, I would allow it. But otherwise, I would tell her DD is driving her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Reason 987 why I'd never get involved with a man who has kids.
Too much drama all around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:51 AM
Then as the mother, I would be driving my child myself.

I agree with Mom, teenagers have no place being chauffeurs
redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that is the compromise. She can come get her and bring her back if she wants but otherwise-his custody time-his decision. If she wanted full control of her child she shouldn't have gotten divorced

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh she's free to do it herself. That's all her. But I'm not doing it.

Quoting redbottoms: I am team you. If she does not want her DD riding with your DD driving-then she is going to have to come get her DD and take her to school everyday herself then and bring her home. If she wants to do that, I would allow it. But otherwise, I would tell her DD is driving her.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:53 AM
If it's your husband's time then she has no say since it's not illegal for your daughter to drive her to school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:55 AM
She is free to do so. My daughter is a responsible driver and it's just plain stupid and wasteful to drive the other kids when she is already driving there herself..

Quoting Anonymous 3: Then as the mother, I would be driving my child myself.

I agree with Mom, teenagers have no place being chauffeurs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:55 AM
Exactly.

Quoting owl0210: If it's your husband's time then she has no say since it's not illegal for your daughter to drive her to school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

BMs only want to cause trouble. Go for custody. She only wants the money anyway. BMs are evil.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)