Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it true that there are no bad children, only bad parents?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies

Think about children throwing temper tantrums in stores or public places. You frequently see the parent escalating the child's immature behavior by equally immature behavior...Threatening, slapping, insulting bullying. We learn by example. Do children have strong wills? Of course they do. Are they frightened by their own strong feelings...Yes! They need to learn how to control themselves and it first starts with an adult knowing how to control their own.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:50 AM
6 moms liked this
No.
I believe some kids are born bad.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:51 AM
Everything isn't about behavior and parenting. Sometimes kids have a chemical imbalance in their brains. Sometimes it's a valid medical issue
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:52 AM
No.

Some people are born with bad attitudes, bad personalities and just plain bad.

Even Marryfreaking Poppins couldn't have straitened out Hilter or Charles Manson
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:53 AM
4 moms liked this
Not all bad behavior is caused by either bad children or bad parenting. One quick glimpse of someone's life doesn't tell you who they are as a parent, a child, or a person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:54 AM

While you make a good point,  There are some kids who are considerably more diffcult to parent than others.

redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:54 AM
There are some parents with perfect kids and then one kid that is a hellion. They probably raised them mostly the same. So it can be a personality thing-the strong willed child or special needs etc.

My two twins are very very very different. But they were raised the same. So yeah............
tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:34 AM

All of what you say is true. However, children with good parents still act out sometimes and have less than desirable behaviors. That doesn't make them bad children, just children acting like children will, and good parents will handle it, so the occurrences are minimized. There are also children with real problems, like ODD, and they might have perfectly good parents, but they still have problems that have to be managed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:34 AM
No, I believe there are some children who are just evil, nothing to do with parenting.
Caramel824
by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:39 AM
I believe like in the movie gremlins,gizmo made stripe,so inherited evil!!!!me I'm a troubled child and my children mostly behave themselves!!!!i got into enough trouble with my stepsisters and friends for at least two generations!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:40 AM
Really? So a child just born is destined to be bad?

Quoting couture-mommy: No.
I believe some kids are born bad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)