Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you have consulted with your DH before buying a laptop?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 267 Replies
My sister wanted to know what my DH said about my purchase? Because it's so soon after buying back to school. Huh? We have separate finances, I charged it and will pay it off next month.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I would absolutely consult with DH before buying a laptop. We share finances and that is a huge purchase. It doesn't matter that we can easily afford it, I still would discuss it with him first.

thebadkitty
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:46 AM

No I buy what I want when I want but I do usually tell him I want something and if finances are in good status.

ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:47 AM

We would talk before either of us would buy something expensive.  Besides that, the laptop is something we both use so I'd want his opinion on it as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't consult with him about most of my purchases. If we can afford it, I buy it. A buffet cabinet, a treadmill, bunk beds, computers? No need to consult with him. New carpet for the entire house? Yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:47 AM
We don't share the laptop. We each have one

Quoting ReedusStalker:

We would talk before either of us would buy something expensive.  Besides that, the laptop is something we both use so I'd want his opinion on it as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:48 AM
No I wouldn't. We are both grown adults capable of making our own decisions. I wouldn't have married someone I couldn't trust when it comes to spending money and vice versa. We both know we would never do anything to put us or our family at risk so there is no need to discuss every purchase.

We have even bought cars without saying anything if the deal was good.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:48 AM
3 moms liked this

I would definitely consult him..it's what he does for a living and I'd want his input about a machine I was looking at purchasing.. not only that, we have a rule that anything over $100 gets a heads up before purchase. That rule has worked for 20+ years for us so I don't think we will stop doing it any time soon. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:48 AM

Okay?  I was just answering your question. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: We don't share the laptop. We each have one
Quoting ReedusStalker:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

nope i pay my own credit card bills so heck no

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:50 AM
Yes because we'd both use it and I want to know what his preferences are.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)