Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is my banana unusually large?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:03 AM
  • 27 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Everyone who has seen my banana remarks about how large it is.

They say they never seen such a long banana with such good girth.

They want to know how I got one so big, so I tell them.

To me it's just normal sized. But I've heard when you own them they always seem smaller.

It still fits in my mouth fine so that's good. And it tastes good too.

So tell me.

Do you think my banana is unusually large?

I have more so I have plenty for everyone if you too would like a large banana.

They are heavy as well. My banana holder isn't enough for them and they toppled out.
by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:05 AM

It's good and yellow, too. I dont see so many brown spots. Does that mean it's good and firm? I hate a mushy banana. 

KitschyAF
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Seems long but I wouldn't say it's girthy. To be honest when I see a long banana with little girth it makes me lose my appetite for bananas.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:09 AM

Yes, they are very firm.

Quoting tsatske2:

It's good and yellow, too. I dont see so many brown spots. Does that mean it's good and firm? I hate a mushy banana. 

tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

NO,  no, the size of bananas makes no difference, it's the firmness that counts, and how you use (ahem, eat) it

Quoting KitschyAF:

Seems long but I wouldn't say it's girthy. To be honest when I see a long banana with little girth it makes me lose my appetite for bananas.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:11 AM

I prefer girth as well. Most long ones aren't that great.

Quoting KitschyAF:

KitschyAF
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:13 AM

Yeah I would rather get a full mouth experience when eating a banana because I don't find it enjoyable to just get stabbed in the back of the throat repeatedly. And I have a small mouth so I don't feel my standard is unrealistic. 

Quoting carterscutie85:

I prefer girth as well. Most long ones aren't that great.

Quoting KitschyAF:

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:14 AM

I may use my handy dandy banana cutter and do something with them.

It has...other uses...if SO pisses me off.

Quoting tsatske2:

NO,  no, the size of bananas makes no difference, it's the firmness that counts, and how you use (ahem, eat) it

Quoting KitschyAF:

kristin_ad
by RnR on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I think I'm going bananasđŸ˜‰
tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:17 AM

Is this slicer to small to work on your unusually large bananas? Is it too small to work on your husband if he pisses you off?

Quoting carterscutie85:

I may use my handy dandy banana cutter and do something with them.

It has...other uses...if SO pisses me off.

Quoting tsatske2:

Quoting KitschyAF:

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:18 AM

One time, this guy I was dating showed me his banana, and it was the biggest banana I'd ever seen. I was admittedly a bit intimidated by it, and I tried to fit it in my mouth, but it was just too large.

Oddly, he was against cutting it in pieces so I could have an easier time fitting it in my mouth. He acted like I'd asked him for a limb or something. It was just a banana.

Quoting KitschyAF:

Yeah I would rather get a full mouth experience when eating a banana because I don't find it enjoyable to just get stabbed in the back of the throat repeatedly. And I have a small mouth so I don't feel my standard is unrealistic. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)