Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How come when you go on FB to "BORROW" something for one day........

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:57 AM
  • 125 Replies

People automatically tell you where to buy it???  The whole point of asking to Borrow something is because you don't intend to wear, use, or keep it for a LONG period of time.  That just boggles my mind.

I meant from friends or Family. Like something for a kids play!! Blanket, Hat, Toy, dress up clothes etc.  Didn't think I would have to explain in detail LOL

I wouldn't go on Social Media asking to borrow something if I didn't intend on keeping it!!  DUH!!!

by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:58 AM
I've never seen or heard of anyone borrowing something on Facebook.
nassivera
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:58 AM
You can borrow things from people on facebook? odd
LuvHugs429
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:12 AM

I meant from friends or Family. Like something for a kids play!! Blanket, Hat, Toy, dress up clothes etc.  Didn't think I would have to explain in detail LOL

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've never seen or heard of anyone borrowing something on Facebook.

LuvHugs429
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:12 AM

Quoting nassivera: You can borrow things from people on facebook? odd

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:13 AM
Can't say I've ever asked or seen someone ask to borrow items on facebook
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:13 AM
I didn't know people did this.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:15 AM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:16 AM
10 moms liked this
That's their way I saying "buy it yourself, you bum"!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:19 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh, lol, well that's never happened to me.

I actually hate when my family members try to borrow stuff from me. I would understand borrowing something big and expensive, like if your lawn mower broke and you need to borrow mine once or twice while you figure out what to do. But my sisters are always trying to borrow stuff I feel like they should just go buy if they need it. I've been asked for stuff like cell phones, scotch tape, flash drives, headache medicine...like, why would you drive to my house to get Tylenol when you can just stop at the store?? Every time they ask me for something dumb like that, my response is always the same. "I don't know if I have that or not, but I know for sure that Walmart does."

Quoting LuvHugs429:

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've never seen or heard of anyone borrowing something on Facebook.

anaj92
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I have never heard of this as well. I am not the type of person to borrow things though, I would just purchase it rather than bother someone. I agree it was people probably telling you to buy it yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)