Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was that weird kid. *trigger maybe*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

I was taken advantage of by all of my "friends" growing up. I just wanted people who cared so I found anyone that would talk to me and pretend I was their friend for even a little while. the only reason my group kept me around was because I had money in my pocket, that I would steal from my dad to make sure I could eat that day. since elementary school, I had "imaginary friends". they were 3 "brothers" that would follow me around and keep me company, that is how lonely and rejected I felt from everyone, even my own family who didn't even realize how far I was spiraling, they just cut me down and made me feel horrible about myself for every little thing. I had cps called on my dad after he beat me in 8th grade, cps told me everything he ever did to me was my fault, he went to one "out of control child and how to deal with them" meeting and the case was closed.

I was then raped when I was 15 by a guy all of my "friends" adored and loved hanging around and everything shattered, I was then pushed out and shamed for ever saying he would do something like that, my brain violently killed those 3 brothers that kept me company and I was completely alone. once I moved no one talked to me at all, I had no friends at all when I moved. I was the weird kid and no one wanted to talk to me, I was also the only white kid and everyone thought my parents were ICE and I didn't even have those "imaginary friends" anymore. I stopped caring about everything and even lied to a teacher because I was being lectured about not turning in homework. I lied and said my friend died just so someone would actually show me compassion for once.

I was sent for a mental evaluation after that. and I was already so good at hiding how I really felt I was released without a single bit of help because I knew no one would do anything for me. at 17 I started dating my now ex husband and stupid me was terrified to leave him even though he emotionally abused me and then eventually physically abused me because I was afraid of being alone again.

I'm back to having my pet as my only friends again, and even though I hide my pain from my son the loneliness is excruciating.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:06 PM
Get some therapy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:08 PM

they won't do anything for me.

Quoting mama_danetta: Get some therapy.

MSMOUSE0519
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:09 PM

You really need to seek help and therapy!

This is not good for you or your son!!!

mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
They refuse or you won't cooperate?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:13 PM

I cooperate as best I know how. i'm perfectly fine to the 7 therapists my parents sent me to.

Quoting mama_danetta: They refuse or you won't cooperate?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:13 PM
In this day and age with computers you can find any type of friend or companion that you need. Not everyone has a good life and is normal. Just do the best you can make a friend this week
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:14 PM

I have. it's all the same.

Quoting Anonymous 2: In this day and age with computers you can find any type of friend or companion that you need. Not everyone has a good life and is normal. Just do the best you can make a friend this week

mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:16 PM
So therapists refuse to do anything for you?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I cooperate as best I know how. i'm perfectly fine to the 7 therapists my parents sent me to.

Quoting mama_danetta: They refuse or you won't cooperate?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:17 PM
What do you mean? Are people still taking advantage of you?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: In this day and age with computers you can find any type of friend or companion that you need. Not everyone has a good life and is normal. Just do the best you can make a friend this week

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:18 PM

i'm an after thought. no one thinks of me unless I pop up on their news feed or tag them in something.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What do you mean? Are people still taking advantage of you?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)