Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I got something stolen from me so I gave the people who I think stole it a reward flyer if it is returned. If who you think stole it brings it back would you give them the reward?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taiyo218
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:54 PM
Yes. People (mean jerks really) do that with pets pretty often around here I've heard. My cats stay indoors it's mainly small dogs. If I found someone's pet I wouldn't take a reward, and if I found someone's lost item I wouldn't take a reward. I'd just hope for the person to be happy and feel good about returning it. If I had to motivate a thief to return stuff I really wanted back I'd offer a reward give it to them, and make sure they are never around my stuff again or that my security cameras catch them next time.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:58 PM

my first instinct is hell no... i feel like i'm rewarding them for stealing.if i have doubts taht they really stole it then yes id give them the reward.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:01 PM
Well it was at work, so I can't really make sure they don't come around my stuff unfortunately

Quoting taiyo218: Yes. People (mean jerks really) do that with pets pretty often around here I've heard. My cats stay indoors it's mainly small dogs. If I found someone's pet I wouldn't take a reward, and if I found someone's lost item I wouldn't take a reward. I'd just hope for the person to be happy and feel good about returning it. If I had to motivate a thief to return stuff I really wanted back I'd offer a reward give it to them, and make sure they are never around my stuff again or that my security cameras catch them next time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:02 PM

No, lol. If I knew them I'd invite myself over and  just take it back, lol. Or if they called and said they wanted to return it for the reward I'd say okay and then just take it and run. No reward for them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:03 PM
Oh there's no doubt about it. It's just a shitty situation and I feel I shouldn't have to give them the reward for them being jackasses for stealing my shit

Quoting ilovemykids323:

my first instinct is hell no... i feel like i'm rewarding them for stealing.if i have doubts taht they really stole it then yes id give them the reward.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:04 PM

I read somewhere once that some guy stole a persons bike.

That person saw THEIR bike listed for sale on craiglist so they called up the seller pretending to be interested in buying the bike and arranged to meet so the person could look at it.

Then when the person got there with the og's bike the og beat them up and took their bike home. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:05 PM
That's kind of my plan to get it in my hands and basically tell them to fuck off

Quoting Anonymous 2:

No, lol. If I knew them I'd invite myself over and  just take it back, lol. Or if they called and said they wanted to return it for the reward I'd say okay and then just take it and run. No reward for them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:06 PM
Ha I think I read that as well somewhere, so messed up. Defiently not going to beat them up, my luck they would press charges against me

Quoting flowerfunleah:

I read somewhere once that some guy stole a persons bike.

That person saw THEIR bike listed for sale on craiglist so they called up the seller pretending to be interested in buying the bike and arranged to meet so the person could look at it.

Then when the person got there with the og's bike the og beat them up and took their bike home. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 4:09 PM

fuck no I would tell them dicks to get bent

taiyo218
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 11:37 PM
That sucks.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well it was at work, so I can't really make sure they don't come around my stuff unfortunately

Quoting taiyo218: Yes. People (mean jerks really) do that with pets pretty often around here I've heard. My cats stay indoors it's mainly small dogs. If I found someone's pet I wouldn't take a reward, and if I found someone's lost item I wouldn't take a reward. I'd just hope for the person to be happy and feel good about returning it. If I had to motivate a thief to return stuff I really wanted back I'd offer a reward give it to them, and make sure they are never around my stuff again or that my security cameras catch them next time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)