Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your kid is in high school, cut the damn cord already!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So I'm on the next door app for my neighborhood and a neighborhood a few streets over posted this for her son.

Ive inadvertently started WW3 in my neighborhood which is in a tiny town and very safe. There is no reason they should feel uncomfortable.

If your high school kid need to raise money by selling things I will purchase stuff from them, not the parent.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this
A guy at work is selling these on FB but hmtge team is also walking around in groups of 2 or 3.

I can see putting ut on FB to get more donations but for the kid not to go out at all? Nope
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
My son has to fundraise for football too. I told him last night I will ask my friends and post on Facebook, but it's his responsibility to earn the minimum amount of funds. I don't have time to go do more than what I already am.

He won't want to go door to door though, maybe to our neighbors only, and I'm not sure I'd let him anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:32 PM
20 moms liked this
I'm glad kids don't seem to be doing the door to door sales very much anymore. I hate people coming to my door and I don't like people trying to sell me junk I don't want. I wouldn't even answer the door. Online is a better idea. If someone's interested, they'll tell them.
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

This.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I'm glad kids don't seem to be doing the door to door sales very much anymore. I hate people coming to my door and I don't like people trying to sell me junk I don't want. I wouldn't even answer the door. Online is a better idea. If someone's interested, they'll tell them.

The test of first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I was selling cookies door to door at 8. There is absolutely no reason a high schooler shouldn't be able to do the same.

Quoting Anonymous 3: My son has to fundraise for football too. I told him last night I will ask my friends and post on Facebook, but it's his responsibility to earn the minimum amount of funds. I don't have time to go do more than what I already am.

He won't want to go door to door though, maybe to our neighbors only, and I'm not sure I'd let him anyway.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:33 PM
2 moms liked this

givin the kind of world we live in now??? listen hear this world isn't any more dangerous, we just hear more about the bad stuff now then we did back then. (i know you didn't say that but still those comments drive me insane).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:34 PM
6 moms liked this

I know our district highly discourages kids walking door to door. Its just not safe and a lot of people don't feel comfortable with it anyways. They want kids selling thru family and friends instead. 

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:34 PM

In our town the parents are told we have to sell them.  It is for the kids football but the parents are the ones responsible for selling them.  We as parents even have to sign a stupid thing that we are responsible for the sales and if we don't sell them we have to come up with the in my case $200 if I don't. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this
As annoying as it can be it teaches hard work. If you want something go get it. They are learning a life skill.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I'm glad kids don't seem to be doing the door to door sales very much anymore. I hate people coming to my door and I don't like people trying to sell me junk I don't want. I wouldn't even answer the door. Online is a better idea. If someone's interested, they'll tell them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this
He should be posting, not his mom. Other than that I agree. Door to door is annoying, and very slow going anyway. It doesn't teach as much as you seem to think it does. Only an idiot sells thing's door to door still, there are much easier ways to sell something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)