Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have sex as a teenager?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies
Would you be okay with your teens having sex? If you were to find out your teen is having sex, will/did you provide condoms, remind them to get birth control? Who paid (or will pay) for their protection?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaracheli
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:44 PM
No and no.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:45 PM

I had intercourse for the first time at 14 ... lots of heavy petting before that. 

I don't know if he ever had sex or not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:46 PM
No and no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I started at 15. I wanted to start earlier but didn't. I won't be thrilled but I will insist on birth control like my mom did with me. There's honestly no stopping teenagers. We did it in the car all the time and some would do it in the bathrooms at school.
Sunkissed82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I started at 19. There was nothing so special about sex that I needed to start before then. No I will no approve of my child having sex before she's 18 but unlike many 'women' on this site, I'm not foolish enough to believe that telling her no means that she's not going to do it so I'll just prepare her in the best way that I can. Warn her of the physical and emotional baggage it can bring and hope that she makes the right decision.

littlepinkrose
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:47 PM
No and no.
Alliemad_003
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:48 PM
Nope and no
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I had tons of sex as a teenager but I really hope my kids don't. I try to keep the lines of communication open so they feel they can talk to me about anything, so I really hope they come to me if they're thinking of having sex, and if they do I will gladly get them on birth control and buy them condoms.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:49 PM
Yes, I did. No, I wouldn't.
LoonyLuna41219
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I did.

Would I be OK with my girls having sex as teens? No. But, if they came to me wanting protection I would help them get it because I would rather know that if they're having sex they're doing so safely than not know and risk them contracting an STD/STI or getting pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)