Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Powerball lottery

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

The powerball lottery is up to 700 million dollars.  If you won it what would you spend it on?  Would you tell anyone you won it?

My husband and I would put it away in investments and we would not tell anyone.  Not even our kids.  We would just offer to help to pay for things if they needed help.  

We would pay off our house first and I would get a new car.  

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:35 PM

DH and I would buy a new house and 2 new cars. After that it would all go into savings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:36 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:37 PM

Would you tell anyone that you won or would you keep it between your husband and you?  

Quoting MysticLove:

DH and I would buy a new house and 2 new cars. After that it would all go into savings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:38 PM

BUMP!

KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:38 PM
I'd tell my Mom because I would be giving her some of it. But I would use it to pay off debt and to buy a house and maybe a new boat since mine isn't worth fixing.
mrsmom110
by NO on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:40 PM

I would burst if I couldn't tell anyone.  I wouldn't go public.  We'd have an attorney claim it on our behalf.  

We would pay off all debts, ours and my parents.  Invest, save, move to a new home, get a new car and travel. And of course donate to charity and volunteer with our free time since we wouldn't have to work any more. 

MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:41 PM

I wouldn't be able to hide the fact that we came into money with a new house and cars, but I would try to hide it as much as possible. My family tends to take advantage of people and would be at my door all the time for one reason or another.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Would you tell anyone that you won or would you keep it between your husband and you?  

Quoting MysticLove:

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd use it to change the world, at least somewhat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:43 PM
I would pay off my debts, buy a house and a new car. Nothing fancy. I would tell my BFF and but her a house. I would pay off my parent's house and buy my sister a house.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:45 PM
In my state they publish who won so it won't be a secret
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)