Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg, did you even chew?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Tell me this isn't normal.

In the time it takes me to eat a soft taco, he's eaten the entire quesadilla, soft taco and a bean burrito.

Yes, we had taco bell tonight.

Seriously, wtf! I told him I'm gonna start counting his chewing bites bc that's ridiculous!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:08 PM
My husband inhales his food too
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:09 PM
My husband eats really fast too.
pumpkin_83
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:09 PM

lol my husband and youngest daughter eat this way. Drives me insane. I'm trying to teach her to slow down, chew ...breath a bit. She's always in a rush to get to back to playing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:10 PM
He's like, oh I'm done, bye.

And I'm left sitting at the table like wait a fucking minute! Ya, we got crap for dinner but I wanted to be able to eat WITH you.

And it's not like he had to stuff his face and rush off to something important. He's sweeping the kitchen so I can't be too mad... but honestly, chew your food. No wonder you're backed up so often.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My husband inhales his food too
mrsmom110
by NO on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:11 PM

My oldest son and my dog inhale their food.  It's really not healthy to eat like that.  Hope you know the Heimlich.  You might have to use it on him some day. 

I always ask my son if he even tastes his food.  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:12 PM
He's cleaning up a little bit. His nightly ritual so I can't be too, too mad... but still.

I know they say men/boys are bottomless pits, but this takes it to a whole new level!

Quoting pumpkin_83:

lol my husband and youngest daughter eat this way. Drives me insane. I'm trying to teach her to slow down, chew ...breath a bit. She's always in a rush to get to back to playing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol thankfully I do. Never did it in real life, just the classes... so we'll see how that works out. Ha

Quoting mrsmom110:

My oldest son and my dog inhale their food.  It's really not healthy to eat like that.  Hope you know the Heimlich.  You might have to use it on him some day. 

I always ask my son if he even tastes his food.  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:13 PM
I thought I was a fast eater until I met my husband.
But you can't be too mad if he's cleaning 😂😂
At least you got a good 5 seconds with him at dinner, cherish that time lmao

Quoting Anonymous 1: He's like, oh I'm done, bye.

And I'm left sitting at the table like wait a fucking minute! Ya, we got crap for dinner but I wanted to be able to eat WITH you.

And it's not like he had to stuff his face and rush off to something important. He's sweeping the kitchen so I can't be too mad... but honestly, chew your food. No wonder you're backed up so often.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My husband inhales his food too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:15 PM
We had this issue until we started our rounds at dinner one person starts with the how was your day, name one thing bad, ok now name one thing good. It stops us long enough to finish mostly together lol
ElephantShoez
by GoGoWaffleMaker on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:15 PM
Lol I eat pretty fast too. DH is always telling me to chew my food fully because it's good for my digestive system. I can't help it, even if the food is piping hot, I will still manage to eat it quickly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)