Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lunch box advice...what's your favorite kind that doesn't leak?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I'm looking for a new bento style box that has multiple compartments with just one lid that seals each well.

And go...
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:08 AM
DD brown bags it.

Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:15 AM
I've never found one that can do that. I always keep dips/sauces in separate containers. Our thermoses work perfectly for hot meals though. No leaking.
Twinklesthecat
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:16 AM
Yumbox??
Trixie_dahl
by on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:17 AM
I use plastic bags. Drain the juice from anything leaky and reuse the bags. Learned that with limited space when packing food for a day when I work elections.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:23 AM

Mobile Photo

We have these
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:00 AM
That's what I keep coming back to, but 30 bucks for something that might still leak...idk.

Quoting Twinklesthecat: Yumbox??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:09 AM
The type of lunch box isn't the issue. As someone pointed out , a brown won't leak if packed properly. What exactly is leaking?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:11 AM
Nothing specific, I just mean I'd like to have one large tray style box that won't leak instead of little individual containers. Several of them got thrown away each year bc the lunch monitors like to clean the tables as the kids eat and some of my lidded bowls get tossed. (I reuse the plastic containers that lunch meat comes in so they do look disposable, but they're not meant to be trashed) it's an honest mistake but it happens every year. My kids have said spoke up before and the monitors have assured them that the bowls are trash.

Quoting Anonymous 4: The type of lunch box isn't the issue. As someone pointed out , a brown won't leak if packed properly. What exactly is leaking?
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:14 AM
Ds has one that we got at the Pottery Barn outlet that I really like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:25 AM
Do you know the brand or can you post a pic so I can look for it?

Quoting caustinb: Ds has one that we got at the Pottery Barn outlet that I really like.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)