Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could you be a stay at home wife?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this
After unsuccessfully getting pregnant on our own, we are looking in to adoption. We haven't even contacted anyone or done any paperwork yet so we are in the very very early stages.

We were also hit with some bad news this week. I am getting laid off. We planned for me to be a sahm when we had a kid of our own so I'm wondering if it could benefit us for me to just leave the workforce now. I can focus my energy on the adoption and preparing for that.

What do you think? Advice from adoptive moms? As a sahw, what do you do all day?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
50ShadesofCray
by SweetHart on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't but it's your life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:22 AM
I could certainly do it but probably wouldn't if we didn't have kids. I'd want to just stock pile my salary even if it were part time work at a fun place.

I would guess a sahw would do much of what a sahm does; grocery shop, clean the house, laundry, etc. Hopefully some fun stuff too; gym/exercise, fun shopping.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this
With the economy. No, I couldn't out that all on dh.
madwifa
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:32 AM
I would you were landing it any way. Even if you don't adopt there s nothing wrong with being home and taking care of things
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:35 AM
I was a sahw when we married. There was literally no reason for me to work. We knew that a pregnancy could happen at any time, so why stay at a job?

I had plenty to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:37 AM
I'm a stay at home dog mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:38 AM
I have no advice but I wish you the best luck in your adoption process!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:38 AM

I became a SAHM when I was 45 because I retired early.  DD was 13 at the time.   She is in college now and I am a SAHW  I do substitute  in the schools once in a while.   I usually go to the gym everyday.   I think you need to make the decision on your own.  Can you afford to be a one income family?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:41 AM
I stayed at home even after my oldest started school. We decided to wait to have more kids so I was a sahw for 3 yrs before I got pregnant with my middle dd. All 3 kids will be in school in September and I very much plan on staying home.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:56 AM
I've stayed at home for a lot of my married life. We've been married 19 years. I've been a mom for 18 years. I've worked for 11 of those 19 married years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)