Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clean your plate before you get dessert? Do you have this rule?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies

Did the "clean your plate before you get dessert/leave the table" strategy work for anyone? Or are you opposed to that?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:34 AM
Not clean plate but that they have to eat dinner or they don't get dessert. If they choose not to eat the dinner they were provided then the get a Pediasure and no dessert.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:36 AM
No. He has to eat the majority of his dinner. He doesn't have to eat it all. But dessert does not come directly after the meal here. It's about an hour later. If he says he's hungry, he is to eat more dinner. If he doesn't say anything within that hour, he will get a treat
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:36 AM
12 moms liked this

Our rule is you have to eat what is on your plate before you can have anything else..You don't get to throw away food and get more food..it is wasteful and not happening. If you are not hungry enough to finish your dinner, you are not hungry enough for anything else. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

2m2t
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:37 AM
We are using clean dessert plates/cups (for ice cream) and then everything goes into the dish washer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:38 AM
This

Quoting mcginnisc:

Our rule is you have to eat what is on your plate before you can have anything else..You don't get to throw away food and get more food..it is wasteful and not happening. If you are not hungry enough to finish your dinner, you are not hungry enough for anything else. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:40 AM
We used to do clean your plate, but now they have to eat most. My daughter only takes what she will eat usually.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:40 AM

depends on who put it on the plate and whether or not a reasonable amount had been eaten. The plate didn't have to be empty to get dessert, but dessert is always an option, not a must have.  I'd never reward poor eating habits with poor food choices.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:40 AM
Oh Pediasure is so bad!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Not clean plate but that they have to eat dinner or they don't get dessert. If they choose not to eat the dinner they were provided then the get a Pediasure and no dessert.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
We do not have this rule, but also don't have dessert available.
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:41 AM
Dessert is after lunch, once a week. I don't dictate a clean plate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)