Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't care if I look like an evil SM here. I won't back down.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Last year was ss's 16th bday. DH is not biologically ss's dad but has continued to be his father. I have been in ss's life since he was 7. Although we pay child support and genuinely consider ss to be dh's son, DH literally has zero control or say in the decisions she makes for ss.

In July 2016, we were at the beach with BM, her DH, and all of our kids. Ss was telling us that for his 16th, he'd LOVE to go to a specific beach and rent seado's and have everyone there. I was so excited because my Aunt owns a restaurant on that beach! I told BM I'd try to arrange something.

And I did. My aunt was planning on closing for that day so we would have the entire restaurant. She was allowing our family to sleep in their cabin. She, and her DH, were attending the party and catering the food. BM was very excited! So was ss. I put a deposit on the seadoo's, invited all of our family and friends, ordered a specific cake I know he likes, the whole 9 yards.

The Wednesday before his Saturday party, BM calls DH and tells him ss changed his mind and wants to go to her friends place to ride quads on his bday instead. DH told her that's ridiculous, how we went to a lot of trouble for this, how my aunt and uncle have already bought the food for this, people are planning on coming out, etc but BM countered that it's HIS bday and his choice. So, the party was canceled and I swore to DH that I will never plan a party for him again.

Fast forward to last weekend. Ss was over and he loudly says "I was thinking that since you guys did nothing for me for my 16th, I'd love to go to x beach and rent seadoo's this year". My head almost exploded! DH quickly squashed that idea and gave ss crap. Told him we will never do that for him so get that out of your head. Instead, ss can chose what he wants for dinner and we will have cake. We will invite 0 people. Just us. Ss was fine with it.

Yesterday we were talking and DH says how ss is excited to play hockey with our twins sat night. I reminded DH that the twins made plans weeks ago to spend sat night at my moms house so they won't be here. DH thinks I should make them stay home seeing as it's ss's party. Fuck no! The twins are not breaking their plans to accommodate ss. I don't think I'm being unreasonable but DH does. Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2017 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:02 PM
Did you ask the twins if they wanted to stay home instead?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:02 PM
11 moms liked this
There is no way in hell I would have cancelled the first party. His ass would have been there regardless. If it wasn't, the party would have continued without him and he would have been working his ass off to pay me back the money that was put out. Fuck that shit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:03 PM

You're right and he needs to drop it. 

jammf
by on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:04 PM

Nope.  If it were my kids, the twins would go on with their plans, and ss could just deal with it. 

So, ss is turning 17?  How old are the twins?  Doe ss even really care whether the twins are there or not?

I sitll wouldn't change their plans, I was just curious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Did SS change the birthday plans or was it his mom's idea?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:04 PM
Yes, and they want to go to my moms place. They've made plans to go fishing and have been looking forward to this.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Did you ask the twins if they wanted to stay home instead?
Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:06 PM
I'd let the twins keep the plans they made.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:06 PM

it's not like he's really your SS so who cares what he wants. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:06 PM
I wouldn't make the twins break plans.
And ss seems like a shit like seriously a week before? Ya no I'd definitely not go out of my way for shit anymore
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:08 PM
We were tempted to have the party without him present but I was just so mad. BM wouldn't let us force him to go. She holds all the cards when it comes to ss. I was lucky enough to have the seadoo deposits refunded and my aunt said the food will sell no problem in her restaurant. We ate that cake ourselves lol so, we weren't out much money at all. But still. It's the principal.

Quoting Anonymous 3: There is no way in hell I would have cancelled the first party. His ass would have been there regardless. If it wasn't, the party would have continued without him and he would have been working his ass off to pay me back the money that was put out. Fuck that shit
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)