Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We lost our home :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this
A few days ago my husband and I were home on our day off and our daughter was in school and one of the cord and suddenly our oven got caught on fire we bought a new oven a few months ago the brand is Whirlpool, my husband immediately called the fire department and we quickly grab our dog and ran outside. Good thing I have my cell phone in my pocket and my husband's phone was in the room he lost his. I called the school and told them to tell her that my MIL pick her up. Right now we are staying at my in-laws, our dog is at my friend's house because my MIL is allergic to dog. Our vehicles still at our old house we gotta get the keys (my husband is using his mom's can and I'm using Uber to get back and forth to and from work). Thank goodness we have home owner's insurance and we are looking for a new place to buy hopefully not too far so my daughter can stay at the same school. I have contacted Whirlpool about the oven and haven't heard anything back yet and it's still under warranty. My husband using a cheap phone until he receives a new phone from Verizon. Thank goodness for social media and backup storage today for pictures and videos. We received donations from family, friends, and from our church and we are very thankful. We can't believe it happened to us, but we won't give up and move forward.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:46 PM

Why would you contact whirlpool about the oven?

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
So many post today that are making my head hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:48 PM
I'm not really following most of that, but good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:49 PM
Ugh I'm so sorry I've been through this myself (thank God before kids) I'm so sorry.
LuvHugs429
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:49 PM

I am so sorry. That is so horrible to go through!! Your Insurance is letting you buy a new home? Thats good. Sorry for all your belongings.


Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:49 PM
Because it's defective and caused their house to burn down?? Jfc..

Quoting krisnkids:

Why would you contact whirlpool about the oven?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:49 PM
What started the fire? The oven cord?
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:50 PM

No fire extinguisher? 

LuvHugs429
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:50 PM

Just in case there was a faulty wire. To check out their devices and warn others.

Quoting krisnkids:

Why would you contact whirlpool about the oven?



50ShadesofCray
by SweetHart on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:50 PM
If the fire dept determined the fire was started by a fault in the stove, they need to know.

Quoting krisnkids:

Why would you contact whirlpool about the oven?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)