Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How awesome I have the powers to.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

So I guess the storm that is about to hit the gulf of Texas is all my fault and I fucken planned it. By all news sources this storm was never going to hit Texas until sometime yesterday it changed course.

I had no clue I had these powers.

DD16's, 17th birthday is tomorrow. We all work up to Sunday so not knowing about this storm last week I planned a get together on the beach with her bf and her 2 best friends. 

Well with the storm hitting Friday and most likely going to be rainy the Sunday I explained I can't afford to do a sit down with everyone but I'd like to treat her and her boyfriend on Sunday where ever she wants with in reason and if her best friends want they can join us but pay for their selves.

OMG, I have been called every name in the book. I have been accused of doing this all on purpose just to not celebrate her life. The fighting keeps on going. I'm a half hour from leaving work to pick her up from her work then have to pick up my eldest from his work.

Damn, I am so glad that everyone is moving out between Jan and next August so I can have a bit of peace.

Yes, I love them but sometime I just can not stand them now that they are "adults".

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell her with that kind of attitude she could just forget any sort of celebration. Fuck that.
iamme1986
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:34 PM
yep. She would be getting absolutely nothing!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd tell her with that kind of attitude she could just forget any sort of celebration. Fuck that.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:34 PM
I'd buy her a card and call it good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:34 PM
Yea. She can spend her bday in her room, cleaning. I never called my parents any names and I'll be damned if any of my kids do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:35 PM
Could u have everyone over to ur house and maybe do hotdogs? then take her out by her self for a mom daughter day?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:39 PM

We would do a BBQ which was what was planned on the beach. I have hamburgers and all that stuff. The issue is the rain we can't grill in the rain and wind. We don't do mom daughter days anymore, her choice not mine.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Could u have everyone over to ur house and maybe do hotdogs? then take her out by her self for a mom daughter day?

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
She sounds like an entitled jerk. She wouldn't be getting a damn thing for behaving that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:43 PM
Make what u can inside and maybe substitute for sloppy Joes or tacos or something simple but not off the grill. Lol. And that faze hopefully will pass. Me and my mom got really close after I moved out.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

We would do a BBQ which was what was planned on the beach. I have hamburgers and all that stuff. The issue is the rain we can't grill in the rain and wind. We don't do mom daughter days anymore, her choice not mine.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Could u have everyone over to ur house and maybe do hotdogs? then take her out by her self for a mom daughter day?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:48 PM

She doesn't eat sloppy Joes or tacos and I am not going back into those stores until after the storm is gone. I had to get gas this afternoon and it took an hour. I shop weekly. I'm baking her cup cakes tonight.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Make what u can inside and maybe substitute for sloppy Joes or tacos or something simple but not off the grill. Lol. And that faze hopefully will pass. Me and my mom got really close after I moved out.

terra221
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:53 PM
Lol...I often remark that everything is my fault. Yep, global warming, my fault.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)