Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My fellow cashiers.

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2017 at 1:52 AM
  • 23 Replies
Ever have a customer or customers that make you cringe and cuss silently when you see them in your line?

I've got a couple both older guys who ALWAYS have issues when they come in. We hate dealing with them because they are a HUGE pain in our asses.

Just had one come through self check. He wanted to pay by check but you can't on selfcheck the order has to be suspended and rung up at the register. For whatever reason it wouldn't let me suspend it so I had to re ring everything up. Of course it was a full cart and the dude starts cusing. Then he tries to pay with a check that's not his. He says its his mom's but she wasn't with him. My CSM took over and sent me to break. He just came out bitching and cussing. Ugg.
by on Aug. 24, 2017 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Aug. 24, 2017 at 1:56 AM
I'm not a cashier but I can bitch about farmers all day.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 24, 2017 at 1:58 AM
I had a lady come to McDonald's almost every morning and she always ordered the same thing that rang up to $6.66. Every damn time she would ask for the manager, ME, and try to get me to round it down so it didn't total 666.

She was always polite, but it was one of those things just just wore me down day after day. Like just order something fucking else! You KNOW IT RINGS UP AS 666!! I haven't seen that lady in 20+ years and she still chaps my ass, lol.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 24, 2017 at 1:59 AM
I was never a cashier, but I managed a Dominos Pizza for several years.

It truly made me hate people.

That was over 15 years ago and I'm happier around people now but still not a fan of them, generally.

Trixie_dahl
by on Aug. 24, 2017 at 2:04 AM

I did many chasiering stints and no I can't say that. I liked finding regulars at the last place I cashiered which was goodwill. I would make them laugh and help them find what they wanted. One guy wanted to get a thing with clocks that were supposed to show times in different time zones, things are always tested before being put out. he asked me if it worked and I said no it's always 12 hours behind. His wife and friend got it and were falling over laughing before he got it. saw a 70 year old man whose wife put a baby name book in their stack of books so I asked when is the baby due. I about fell over laughing at his reaction. she was getting it for a niece or something like that. They were closing the store down and my sister needed a sitter then I went into health care. I don't trust daycares so I took care of all 4 of my sisters kids to keep them out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 24, 2017 at 2:15 AM

I have a few. The ones I hated dealing with the most were the ones who didn't know how to shower! There was an older gentleman who was bigger. He smelled on old cigarette smoke, bad breath (the REALLY bad kind) and BO. You knew he wasn't homeless tho because hw always have a wad of cash. Yet he smelled WORSE then the homeless folks that would come in.

The other annoyance was this couple. The guy was BARELY 21 and his "wife" was only 17. (In my state if your parents say it's ok it's legal.) They'd come threw my line and try and buy alcohol. Well according to the Liquor laws of my state I have to check everyones ID in the party (within reason) who could potentially be drinking said beverage. Since she wasn't of age I couldnt sell it to them. This happened AT LEAST twice a week for 6 months before they figured it out and had her leave the store before they got in line.

The you have the people who want to buy things and get $1000 cash back.... I'm sorry it's a grocery store not an ATM. And yes you actually have to buy something. 

I live in OR and we do recycled can machines out front of our store. There's a daily limit to the amount you can "cash in" and so many times people try to exceed that and I have to tell them I' sorry but I can only take $7.20 worth. You'll have to come back tomorrow. Or the ones who want to to cash in more then that and count their 4 week old baby as the "customer". 

Now that said. I got lucky in the fact that 99.9% of my customers were awesome! I got more compliments then anyone else and not one complaint in the 18 months that I worked there. I really did enjoy my job and frankly once I get my health back on track wouldn't mind going back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2017 at 2:57 AM
Yep. Those are the customers we make fun of in the break room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2017 at 3:08 AM

Are you on drugs? This post is in the neighborhood of incoherent. WTF does daycare have to do with health care?

Paragraphs are your friend.

Quoting Trixie_dahl:

I did many chasiering stints and no I can't say that. I liked finding regulars at the last place I cashiered which was goodwill. I would make them laugh and help them find what they wanted. One guy wanted to get a thing with clocks that were supposed to show times in different time zones, things are always tested before being put out. he asked me if it worked and I said no it's always 12 hours behind. His wife and friend got it and were falling over laughing before he got it. saw a 70 year old man whose wife put a baby name book in their stack of books so I asked when is the baby due. I about fell over laughing at his reaction. she was getting it for a niece or something like that. They were closing the store down and my sister needed a sitter then I went into health care. I don't trust daycares so I took care of all 4 of my sisters kids to keep them out.

mammakittykat
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 3:10 AM
There is a black lady and her family that always comes in and drives me insane because she is always loud and obnoxious and her kids always run amuck through the store bothering other patrons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 24, 2017 at 3:14 AM
Does the color of her skin make a difference in your story?

Quoting mammakittykat: There is a black lady and her family that always comes in and drives me insane because she is always loud and obnoxious and her kids always run amuck through the store bothering other patrons.
Pink.Sunshine
Flying to see Mary face to face for a meet & greet, then a concert in 4 days!!! So excited 😆
Yesterday at 2:11 PM
by Petty Princess on Aug. 24, 2017 at 8:07 AM
Working with the public sucks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)