Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just What We Need. One More Puppy. Updated with Picture.

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2017 at 2:31 AM
  • 14 Replies

I just found a chihuahua puppy on the side of the road. I went out for a late night Taco Bell run and saw this tiny little puppy on the side of the road. We just got two puppies but I couldn't just leave her. Her ribs are sticking out and she is so hungry. We have been letting her eat a little at a time so she doesn't get sick. She's made herself at home with our other dogs. Get this. My oldest dog, who hates other dogs, has adopted her, lol. She seems so happy now. I know we can't keep her so, if she doesn't belong to someone else, we have to find her another home. We're moving soon and it's hard enough to find somewhere to accommodate the dogs we already have. 

by on Aug. 24, 2017 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 2:36 AM
Awww! The perils of being an animal lover.

I saw two kittens running around over here, but I already have a dog and cat so I just let them be.
Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 2:46 AM

Actually I think she's a rat terrier.

Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 2:50 AM

I see stray cats on the road all the time and I've learned not to bother them. They just run from you. My mother thinks she's only 3 or 4 months old. We have accepted that our lives are going to be full of strays because we can't just leave them. She was out in the pitch dark on a deserted road. 

Quoting Tinabee88: Awww! The perils of being an animal lover. I saw two kittens running around over here, but I already have a dog and cat so I just let them be.

Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 3:35 AM

BUMP!

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 3:42 AM
Aww
anononononon
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 4:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 4:10 AM

She's very cute. I feel bad for her. I'm hoping that she belongs to someone. 

Quoting mmtosam06: Aww

Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 4:16 AM

Lol I was teasing about naming her Taco. We think she's a rat terrier though. My first thought was chihuahua but when I got a better look at her, I think she's rat terrier instead.

Quoting anononononon:

Mobile Photo

anononononon
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 4:44 AM
My gram had a rat terrier, be careful because they break easily from being so tiny. Especially if it's malnourished. Her dog broke his leg after falling off the recliner but he was also pretty old and getting even more frail.

ETA: after I posted this I think he was mixed with another small breed. That dog was basically the size of a rat.

Quoting Neko_Nightstar:

Lol I was teasing about naming her Taco. We think she's a rat terrier though. My first thought was chihuahua but when I got a better look at her, I think she's rat terrier instead.

Quoting anononononon:

Mobile Photo

Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 5:43 AM

Poor dog. That's awful. We're used to small dogs so we know how to be careful. I'm hoping she belongs to someone. She is very sweet and seems like she's used to being on the couch and the bed.

Quoting anononononon: My gram had a rat terrier, be careful because they break easily from being so tiny. Especially if it's malnourished. Her dog broke his leg after falling off the recliner but he was also pretty old and getting even more frail. ETA: after I posted this I think he was mixed with another small breed. That dog was basically the size of a rat.
Quoting Neko_Nightstar:

Quoting anononononon:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)