Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This broke my heart...

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:43 PM
  • 55 Replies
27 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

But made me proud at the same time! Oh my heart...we had parent orientation tonight at Eila's school, she's in 1st grade. They left us stories about what makes them special. Here was hers...

"I beat the hardest thing EVER!! I needed chemo and radiation. I had radiation pneumonitis. I had to stay in the hospital at floor seven. It was called seven B and C and East."

She was so proud of this and herself! And her anatomically correct drawing just amazes me! She put her heart, brain, lungs, liver, stomach, one kidney and intestines on there, in their proper spots, anterior and posterior view! Not bad for a 7 year old! I can't wait to show her nurse and doctor tomorrow at clinic...
by on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Precious. What a gifted young lady. I'm so happy she's joining first grade with her peers!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:47 PM
She's a kick ass young lady!!
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:48 PM
She's spectacular.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:48 PM
3 moms liked this
She is loving it! She's participating, doing gym as much as she can, and reading up a storm! Her teacher told me she has finished 5 chapter books since school started!

I'm so happy, she was really worried about going full time this year...

Quoting Libby22: Precious. What a gifted young lady. I'm so happy she's joining first grade with her peers!
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:48 PM
She's a trooper!
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:50 PM
She is definitely kick ass! She's been so proud this year, being a "normal" school kid!

She's even pushing herself physically for the first time since this all started!

Quoting Anonymous 1: She's a kick ass young lady!!
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:51 PM
So bittersweet. So happy to hear she is doing so well!
paigea
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:51 PM

Amazing!

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:52 PM
She deserves to get excited about reading and new school supplies. I'm so happy she's getting to be a kid again!

Quoting LucyMom08: She is loving it! She's participating, doing gym as much as she can, and reading up a storm! Her teacher told me she has finished 5 chapter books since school started!

I'm so happy, she was really worried about going full time this year...

Quoting Libby22: Precious. What a gifted young lady. I'm so happy she's joining first grade with her peers!
MindyMichelle
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:52 PM
You should be a very proud mama!!! I'm so glad she is doing well!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)