Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High efficiency washers are crap!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:10 AM
  • 200 Replies
1 mom liked this

Or at least mine is.

My current washing machine is the first and only HE washer that I have ever had.  It washes like crap.  I have a son who is not good about keeping his underwear clean (another rant for another time).  He has more than just skid marks.  He has actual little bits of poo stuck to his underwear.  But if those underwear go in the wash with the bits of poo on them, then at the end of the wash I will have little granular sized bits of poo at the bottom of my washing machine.  AT THE END OF THE WASH when everything is supposed to be clean and there is poo at the bottom of the wash basin.  It's gross.  Sometimes the poo is still attached to his underwear which is even more gross.

When I had a traditional style washing machine I never had bits of poo in the bottom of my wash basin.  Even if there were bits when the underwear went in, there were no bits when the underwear came out.  They were actually clean.  But this HE washer doesn't do what it's supposed to do which is CLEAN THE CLOTHES.  And then I have to pull all the clothes out, shake all the bits off, clean the bits out of the bottom, and then run the entire load through the wash again to get them clean.  It's hardly highly efficient or water saving if I have to run loads through twice!  I'd give anything to have my old style fill with water to the brim washing machine back.

Since I know people are going to ask, I have a Samsung Top Load HE washer that I bought two years ago.

by on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
becky9979
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree with you 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you setting it to soiled/heavy wash/deep wash/ extra rinse? Our last washer sucked, but wasn't quite that bad. We just got a new top loader HE and it's fucking amazing. To be fair though you should have all the poop and granules off before they go in the washer, I cloth diapered for years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:13 AM
Why not just...ya just ya know wash off the underwear first. Or work with your kid so he doesnt shit in his pants??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:13 AM
17 moms liked this
Ok first...teach your son to wipe his ass correctly. Secondly, why on earth are you washing clothes with drawers that have poo on them? That is disgusting...everything is being washed with poo water. Rinse the poo drawers out first before just throwing in the wash!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:16 AM

Are you using HE detergent? If not that may be your problem.

Valentina327
by on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not going to ask about the washer, I'm going to ask WHY ON EARTH you're not teaching your child to wipe his ass properly. Unless he has hooks for hands, there's no excuse.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:17 AM
I agree with you, I also have a bad bathroom user....
taiyo218
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:17 AM
Ooh I was going to say I HATE my Samsung washer and dryer. Hate them... they were expensive - the one time we bought a higher end set, and in less than two years I've had more problems with them than the dirt cheap maytag set I had for 10 years prior. The only reason I didn't keep the maytag ones was because our buyer wanted them with the house, but I'm sure they're still working great.
Valentina327
by on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I love the term drawers...cracks me up! You never hear that enough!

Quoting Anonymous 4: Ok first...teach your son to wipe his ass correctly. Secondly, why on earth are you washing clothes with drawers that have poo on them? That is disgusting...everything is being washed with poo water. Rinse the poo drawers out first before just throwing in the wash!
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2017 at 12:21 AM
4 moms liked this
Dear God. It's not the WASHER'S fault. They weren't meant to scrape off and obliterate chunky, shitty underpants! Teach your son to wipe his ass.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)