Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepkids are backing out of all their visits

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 383 Replies
They live with their Mom in another state. They used to come here every other Christmas, every other Spring break and all summer. They backed out of coming this summer and skipped our wedding altogether because my stepson wanted to play football and practices started just a couple of weeks after school let out and my stepdaughter wanted to stay home and work all summer instead. They are already backing out of coming this Christmas because their aunt is coming back from overseas and they haven't seen her in several years. My husband suggested they trade Christmas for Spring Break but they are going on vacation in Florida with their cousins and half siblings. They haven't been enthusiastic about visiting since I moved in with their father 2 years ago.

My husband is hurting but he doesn't feel like he can fight them on it because he doesn't want them to miss out on stuff normal teenager do because he moved far away. I'm.tryinnto br comforting but I know he's having a hard time.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2017 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnrothbaum
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2017 at 6:24 PM
18 moms liked this
He should go visit them for a weekend or something. I understand they have lives of their own and don't want to sit at their dad's house with his new wife that they barely know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 6:26 PM
2 moms liked this

give him a kid and start over

that will take his mind off the others

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2017 at 6:27 PM
27 moms liked this

This is called teenagers growing up.  They barely have time for the family they live with, let alone one far away that they DON'T live with.

Why don't you guys go visit THEM?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 6:28 PM
6 moms liked this
He can go visit them without you tagging along.
Karopie_99
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2017 at 6:28 PM
Can he take a week vacation from work and go visit them?
Southernmom924
4 moms liked this

Well, that's what happens when you put your wants over your kids' needs. He shouldn't have moved away.

Kaelee1
15 moms liked this
Why do parents move and abandon their kids then wonder why the kids don't uproot their lives to visit the new family?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 6:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Send him solo to visit his children. They can reconnect somewhere the kids feel comfortable.
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Sep. 12, 2017 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
He can go visit them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 6:34 PM
That's what he gets for being a shitty farther.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)