Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My PSA about "purebred" dogs! EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 122 Replies
You have no idea if that sweet hyper puppy you picked was parented by brother/sister or father/daughter or mother/son. Oh sure they are "akc certified" or whatever but come on. So many dog breeders will say anything to make their $1000+ sale.

You get that sweet puppy home only to find they are crazy hyper, you can't train them no matter how many classes you take them to, and it becomes to much for you to handle. Then you have to surrender them to an agency like the ASPCA where if they are too out of control, they have to be put down.

So please do you research before investing in a purebred dog. That is all.

🌅Edit I'm sorry for the tone of this post. I work for the pound and yesterday I had to see a beautiful Dalmatian be put down because of owners who couldn't handle her and some backyard breeder who lied to them to make a quick buck. It just broke my heart.

I am well aware mixed breeds can have issues but in my experience the worst are purebred who have been inbreeded. It's just my experience however.

My point is please please please do your research and if you have any doubts at all follow your gut.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kris1stbaby
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this
We have 3 "purebred" dogs and all are well behaved. You can get bad behaved mutts and pure, it's just by chance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:31 PM
My purebred dog was (is still, at 13) crazy hyper, true to her breed just as expected. Best dog I ever had. She's my 80 pound little girl.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:32 PM
I did know since my sil was the breeder I got my pure-bred lab from.

Lmao
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:33 PM
3 moms liked this

I thought all AKC certified dogs provided their parentage and family tree, so you actually will know if it is a reputable breeder.  Most of the popular pure bred dogs are over bred by now anyway.  Labs and Golden Retrievers are a case in point.  Which is why they're prone to hip dysplasia and cancer.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:34 PM
My $4500 goldendoodles are the best dogs I've ever owned.
How about you research how NOT to be a judgemental twat!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:34 PM
Yeah.....same could be said for every dog in a shelter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:35 PM
I'm confused about what point you are trying to make.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:35 PM
I have a purebred ass hold dachshund then I have a purebred sweet well behaved dachshund.
It's all luck of the draw and not letting my husband pick the dog out. He has picked 2 assholes while I pick the calmer better behaved dogs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:35 PM
They do, op is just trying to get people to get rescues instead of purebreds.lol

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I thought all AKC certified dogs provided their parentage and family tree, so you actually will if it is a reputable breeder know.  Most of the popular pure bred dogs are over bred by now anyway.  Labs and Golden Retrievers are a case in point.  Which is why they're prone to hip dysplasia and cancer.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2017 at 10:36 PM
3 moms liked this
Kind of hard not to judge when a dumb dumb pays $4500 on a dog lmao.

Quoting Anonymous 4: My $4500 goldendoodles are the best dogs I've ever owned.
How about you research how NOT to be a judgemental twat!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)