Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes DH ! WE WILL GET A CAKE FOR FURBABY!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Six years ago , I had a miscarriage at 18 weeks my dad and dh got me a king German Shepherd puppy ... I named my puppy Stevie (after Stevie Nicks). She is my baby and every year We get her a doggy cake and sing Happy birthday to her . This year I am pregnant 22 weeks and today is Stevie's birthday ! Well dh doesn't want to sing Happy birthday to her or even acknowledge her presence ! It makes me sad , I told him that I'm getting a cake and singing to her ! When I texted him to tell him how I felt he said he was thinking it's time to find Stevie a new home if this is how it's going to be ! I lost my shit so much that I went up to the hospital where he works and yelled some more HE IS NOT GETTING RID OF MY DOG AND HE WILL AT VERY LEAST LISTEN TO ME SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! This is her forever home and I will certainly not part !
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2017 at 11:37 AM
Replies (61-66):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 3:26 PM

Wow, seriously? So if he was allergic you would dump him?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I told my husband early in the marriage that he'd never, ever ask me to choose between him or my cats.  I would choose my cats every time because they've been with me the longest.  I would tell hubby that if I was entertaining the thought of getting rid of anybody, it would not be Stevie.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM

Yes.  When I met my husband, my cats had been with me for over 12 years. One of them since he was a 4-week old kitten.  You clearly have not a close bond with an animal before.  

Quoting Anonymous 17:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I told my husband early in the marriage that he'd never, ever ask me to choose between him or my cats.  I would choose my cats every time because they've been with me the longest.  I would tell hubby that if I was entertaining the thought of getting rid of anybody, it would not be Stevie.

cybcm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:06 PM
Then he doesn't get a slice of cake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:08 PM

Good Lord, and you're about to be a mom of a human baby?  Time to grow up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:05 PM

Oh, I have. I've always had pets being part of the family, since I was a little girl. I still have a healthy perspective that a human relationship is above that. But you didn't answer my question. If your husband had been allergic, would you have picked your cats over him? And he's still with you knowing that he's do below your priorities scale?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Yes.  When I met my husband, my cats had been with me for over 12 years. One of them since he was a 4-week old kitten.  You clearly have not a close bond with an animal before.  

Quoting Anonymous 17:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 9:07 PM

I would not get rid of my cats - ever, if that's what you are asking. That would be like asking me to get rid of my child. No. And he'd either take allergy shots or medication or he wouldn't be part of my life. That's a moot point though.  We've been married 22 years and he's not allergic to the cats.  

Quoting Anonymous 17:

Oh, I have. I've always had pets being part of the family, since I was a little girl. I still have a healthy perspective that a human relationship is above that. But you didn't answer my question. If your husband had been allergic, would you have picked your cats over him? And he's still with you knowing that he's do below your priorities scale?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous 17:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)