Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks for making me feel like s*** for wanting to celebrate... Update 9/15

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 149 Replies

my 30th fucking birthday. In the 6 yrs we've been together we have never had the money to do anything for my bday. This year we finally can. My bday is friday. He has been promising that he will do something this year for my bday bc he feels bad that he hasn't been able to. Today we were discussing what I wanted to do for my bday. He then decided that instead of doing what I want just me and him, he is going to take his daughter to do what I want. Bc well he only gets her on the weekends and he has never taken her to do that before. Well ok but that is kinda fucked up bc this is supposed to be my bday present from him. I know he wants to spend time with his dd but to tell me that he is changing my bday plans last min just because, it kinda hurts.

To clarify before anyone tries to make me out to be the evil stepmom. I love my sd like she is my own, I treat her as if she were my own. We never do anything without the kids (sd included) so just once I was really hoping to acutally celebrate my bday with my dh and now I feel like a shitty person bc it hurts that he decided that bc it is something he hasn't been able to take SD to do that means we have to take her instead of celebrating my bday. I wanted to go to the fair this year with DH for my bday. If we were to take SD I wouldn't be able to do anything with DH because they always end up in their own world and will just walk off when others aren't paying attention. Not to mention she is too young to do the things that we adults like to do at the fair.

Update 9/15

Sitter backed out. No celebration for me. The sitter was our roommate, I had talked to him about this for 3 days. I made sure I was specific on the day we were going. Last night he said "oh, if you're still planning to go Saturday then you're fucked cause I'm gonna go to my friends instead." I have had 1 other person offer to babysit but only if I change my plans entirely. fuck this. I don't even want to do anything for my bday anymore at this point.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:31 PM
3 moms liked this
Idk, I just don't get adults who make a big deal about their birthday. Taking his daughter instead of you seems almost spiteful though.
redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Go with your best friend instead.
Topaz2
by Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:32 PM
3 moms liked this

OK, he is an asshole, why are you with him?  You deserve better than this. I would rather be alone than be with someone this thoughtless.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:33 PM
What is it you wanted to do?
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:33 PM
Wait, is he taking his daughter instead of or in addition to you? How old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:33 PM
Sorry. I hope you are able to enjoy it anyway.
woodswalker
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:34 PM
4 moms liked this
To me money isn't an excuse not to spend time together. I would be happy with going for a hike with a bottle of cheap wine and cheese and crackers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Happy birthday!

My baby will be 18 on Sunday & I will be 42 on Tuesday (next week).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously- do something else. Dump him and get with a man who does not have children. Self pity is not attractive. Own your life, don't sit around asking permission and pouting.
Starz6802
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait. He wants his daughter to come also or he wants to take her instead.

My opinion will depend on the situation
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)