Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks for making me feel like s*** for wanting to celebrate... Update 9/15

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my 30th fucking birthday. In the 6 yrs we've been together we have never had the money to do anything for my bday. This year we finally can. My bday is friday. He has been promising that he will do something this year for my bday bc he feels bad that he hasn't been able to. Today we were discussing what I wanted to do for my bday. He then decided that instead of doing what I want just me and him, he is going to take his daughter to do what I want. Bc well he only gets her on the weekends and he has never taken her to do that before. Well ok but that is kinda fucked up bc this is supposed to be my bday present from him. I know he wants to spend time with his dd but to tell me that he is changing my bday plans last min just because, it kinda hurts.

To clarify before anyone tries to make me out to be the evil stepmom. I love my sd like she is my own, I treat her as if she were my own. We never do anything without the kids (sd included) so just once I was really hoping to acutally celebrate my bday with my dh and now I feel like a shitty person bc it hurts that he decided that bc it is something he hasn't been able to take SD to do that means we have to take her instead of celebrating my bday. I wanted to go to the fair this year with DH for my bday. If we were to take SD I wouldn't be able to do anything with DH because they always end up in their own world and will just walk off when others aren't paying attention. Not to mention she is too young to do the things that we adults like to do at the fair.

Update 9/15

Sitter backed out. No celebration for me. The sitter was our roommate, I had talked to him about this for 3 days. I made sure I was specific on the day we were going. Last night he said "oh, if you're still planning to go Saturday then you're fucked cause I'm gonna go to my friends instead." I have had 1 other person offer to babysit but only if I change my plans entirely. fuck this. I don't even want to do anything for my bday anymore at this point.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2017 at 1:28 PM
Replies (141-149):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2017 at 11:25 PM

Sitter backed out last min. Then offered to watch them tonight. As soon as we were done making plans he got called into work. We are planning something for sunday night but at this point Im not getting my hopes up. I shouldn't have in the 1st place but things have been really sucky for me lately so I really needed it. Hopefully we can do SOMETHING sunday night though.

Quoting ivegotrhythm: Why?? What happened??
Quoting Anonymous 1:

BUMP. NO BDAY DATE FOR ME.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Sep. 15, 2017 at 11:54 PM
I'm sorry your birthday was a bust. Mine was too. My husband and I had friends over and two of them started to fight. So I went in the house and my DD, my friend and my mom watched It instead.

Next I'd stop doing anything for dhs birthday to be honest. If he doesn't do anything for you why do anything for him. Sounds like you are doing all the giving and it's going unnoticed. Start doing fun things for yourself. You will feel better.

Happy Birthday. 🎈
Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Sep. 15, 2017 at 11:58 PM
You should do something for yourself, by yourself. Something special. Sorry your plans got ruined.
ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2017 at 11:58 PM
I'm so sorry

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Sitter backed out last min. Then offered to watch them tonight. As soon as we were done making plans he got called into work. We are planning something for sunday night but at this point Im not getting my hopes up. I shouldn't have in the 1st place but things have been really sucky for me lately so I really needed it. Hopefully we can do SOMETHING sunday night though.

Quoting ivegotrhythm: Why?? What happened??

Quoting Anonymous 1:

BUMP. NO BDAY DATE FOR ME.

Glitch202
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2017 at 12:02 AM

I am so very sorry.  You are entitled to a celebration in six years.  That sux big time.   Let's see, I have celebrated my 21st, my 40, and my 50ths since I became an adult.  Well since I got married at 17.  So I know how you feel.  On my 40th I had a migraine.  I got drunk so that I wouldn't care and I didn't! LOL  But I did wear my sunglasses from nine in the morning until three in the morning.  We had a great time though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:14 AM

You have been with him for 6 yrs and he already had kids way back then?  This is what happens when you hook up  with someone with baggage.    When I was in my 20s, I never dated anyone with kids, but people back then seemed to take responsibility serious.   Young people don't seem to do that anymore. Sorry, but this is just my opinion. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
That's sad!! If I knew you I would babysit for you!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Sep. 16, 2017 at 4:52 PM

ok .now that you had your little rant . about poor me . don't you feel badly that you wrote that down and made a big fuss about it . they only person you affected was you . and you alone . you do what you want on your birthday and then do not mention it to him ever . do not do anything sp;ecial for him at all 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:20 PM
Why in the fuck would/should I feel badly for venting? It's better than losing my shit on dh. I never said anything bad about dh or anyone for that matter. I wasn't mean in anyway so NO I do NOT feel bad at all. In fact I feel better. :-)

Quoting Anonymous 37:

ok .now that you had your little rant . about poor me . don't you feel badly that you wrote that down and made a big fuss about it . they only person you affected was you . and you alone . you do what you want on your birthday and then do not mention it to him ever . do not do anything sp;ecial for him at all 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)