Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it theft??

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:51 PM
  • 168 Replies

I hardly ever make my own posts but this lady really pissed me off and I'm usually one to take the high road and I like to think I have good morals but damn this lady was rude. So here's the deal...

There's a couple on the street over from mine with the same street number as me. On at least three occasions I have received mail for them. I have always just swung by their house and put the mail in their mailbox. Well, yesterday I got a package that was too big for the mailbox. So I drove over there again, walked to the door, knocked and then I hear is this sorta rude voice "Hello?!" well before she was ever at the door. I said "Hello" back. She opens the door just barely, sees I have a package, snatches it from my hand still with the door open just enough so her hand and the package can go through, mumbles "thanks" and slams the door on my face.

Who does this?! So I'm thinking next time I get their mail I'm just gonna keep it. Would that be theft?? I mean, it's delivered to my house. Obviously it's not the right thing to do, but I'm kinda over that because of this.

WWYD?

by on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:54 PM
6 moms liked this
Write return to sender and send it back.

Or throw it in the garbage.

Probably the 1st one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:54 PM
12 moms liked this
Dropping mail in a mailbox is illegal. You should write delivered to wrong address, and put your flag up so they can redirect it. Since it's an ongoing issue call the post office so they can make sure mail goes where it's supposed to.
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:54 PM
3 moms liked this
I would return to sender!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:55 PM
3 moms liked this
I would take any mail of hers and write not at this address and put it back in my mailbox.
cmfarm
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:56 PM

Put return to sender or bring it back to the post office.

pinkdragon36
by No on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Laugh thats what i would do. Not actually keep it but hold onto for a couple days just to f with em
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she's sick? Could be she has an suppressed immune system and doesn't want outside contact?
Is she elderly?
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:57 PM
Maybe she was sick or having a bad day. Next time just ring the bell and leave it at the door. Chat with your mailman about the constant wrong deliveries.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:58 PM

Maybe the lady is just scared of the world?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this

we've been through that once......... you really need to notify the post office that you're getting someone else's mail.

we got yelled at by the post office for doing what you did

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)