Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No BM, it is just NOT going to happen. ETA I gave her the number

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 141 Replies

I've been with DH for 10 years, married 6.  His daughter is 13 and mine is 15.  Since they were little, SD has always been just a tad bit taller but otherwise same sizes (my daughter is still tiny)  Well, for a time we dressed them kind of the same, well at least same color coordination. (you know, like sisters)

But now.....the kids have grown up and when I mean grown up SD outweighs my DD by at least 30-40 lbs. Albeit she also is taller by about 4 inches.

We are having a party in which believe it or not SD WANTS to dress like my DD.  She told her mom to get the name of the seamstress so she can have the EXACT same dress as my daughter.

Well, that just isn't going to happen.  The seamstress is booked and is not taking on any new clients.  I know for a fact that BM is already telling others that I don't want to give her the information, but truth be told the seamstress does not want me to give out her information while she isn't taking new clients.

Secondly, I want my daughter to have the dress she's wanted without it being a "twinsy" thing.

Lastly, the dress is made for a certain shape/type.  I wouldn't even let SD do that to herself.

NOPE, NOT EVEN GONNA HAPPEN BM.

ETA

I listened to what you ladies said and reached back out to the seamstress.  She said I can pass on the number and she would tell her herself.  Which she did.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:53 PM
Ok
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this

If the seamstress is booked and not taking on clients, what's the problem with giving out the name?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
You started the twinsy thing which is weird because they aren't sisters
anononononon
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:56 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't get it, why dress them the same from the start? That's weird for actual siblings but super weird for step siblings
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:56 PM

I contacted her and she would prefer me not to until she IS taking new clients.  Probably doesn't want to have to repeat herself.

Quoting corticosteroid:

If the seamstress is booked and not taking on clients, what's the problem with giving out the name?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell her the name.  The seamstress can then tell her she is not taking new orders. 

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:57 PM

Oh ok, well then I guess everybody is going to need to respect that.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I contacted her and she would prefer me not to until she IS taking new clients.  Probably doesn't want to have to repeat herself.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:57 PM

LOL

ever heard of best friends doing it, or cousins? same premise.  It happens more often than not.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You started the twinsy thing which is weird because they aren't sisters

angkorsaway
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, I'd still give out the name and have the seamstress tell her it's a no go. And then tell her the twin bit is a thing of the past. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2017 at 6:58 PM

The seamstress has asked that I do not

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Tell her the name.  The seamstress can then tell her she is not taking new orders. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)