Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We went from nothing to holy crap!

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2017 at 7:33 PM
  • 20 Replies
Dd 12 has been having issues with certain foods. Mostly melons, bananas and apples. So we asked her doctor to do another allergy test. Her last one was four years ago and it showed a class 3 allergy to walnuts. Well she's allergic to melons, bananas and apples. However it's not just those. It's peanuts, walnuts, almonds, hazelnut, sesame seeds, soy bean and wheat.

We've gotten a good start on finding somethings she can eat. We got rice flour for bread. Gluten free pizza, pop tarts, waffles, noodles and cereal. Soy free ranch and mayo. I've got recipes for other things to make for her. We found tons of stuff she can have at brookshires and some at Wal-Mart. We even found Sun butter to replace peanut butter.

Anyone else have any suggestions? My youngest dd10 has sucrose intolerance so we've dealt with limiting diet. However that's simple compared to the list we have now.
by on Sep. 13, 2017 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump for you.
texasma06
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 7:40 PM
Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Bump for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2017 at 7:40 PM

Was she having a reaction to all those things?  

texasma06
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 7:56 PM
With the fruit, yes. The everything else, not that we noticed. We are eliminating everything and going from there. She's been sick for much of the last 8 months but it just seemed to be her seasonal allergies. Her doctor thinks that the 6 weeks of bouncing between upper respiratory infections, bronchitis and strep was made worse by the allergies she didn't know she had.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Was she having a reaction to all those things?  

texasma06
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 8:09 PM
Bump
texasma06
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2017 at 9:04 PM
Bump
texasma06
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2017 at 12:15 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 14, 2017 at 12:18 AM
Let me guess your vegan too? I'd prefer to just eliminate those things and eat normally other foods. I'm not big on substitute items they're gross to me.
tklrcl2014
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2017 at 12:19 AM

Poor kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 14, 2017 at 12:20 AM
That sucks. Only suggestion is whole foods. Try to get her hooked on cooked carrots, grilled cauliflower, stuffed peppers, lots of different kinds of meats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)