Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im not sure what to think

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
I have this guy friend. We are actually pretty close and have known each other 10years.

We started hooking up 1.5yrs ago. We put it on the table it was just sex. We both were okay with that. We used protection, of course. It would be once every few months thing.
And if having a fwb makes me a slut so be it, idc.

Anyways, after we have sex we will cuddle and just talk bullshit or vent about shit happening in our lives. A few month ago as we were talking my brain was screaming for me to tell him i love him. I thought it was odd, Why? Because i take love very serious. It is a hard thing for me to say and i guess subconsciously i did love him. I never told him. I went on vacation and he had his own stuff going on. We stay in contact though, texting. A few nights ago i confessed to him which is another hard thing for me to, express my emotions and feelings.

He just asked if i was sure and for me to say it (type it). I did and he said he takes it just as serious as i do which i know is true. So he said he wont say it unless he meant. I understood. Conversation moved onto something else.

Now its a few night later and he just shows up at my door. We had sex but it was more than JUST sex. I felt connected to him on a deeper level. He looked me dead in the face and told me to say it. So i said i love you and he said i love you.
We cuddled and he vented about something. He went home.

Im not sure what this means now. He doesn't want a relationship right now for very good reasons and im okay with that. He has a lot of personal things he is dealing with and doesn't want to start anything without a clear head.
Im sure we will discuss this at some point. Right now isn't the right time.

What do you ladies think?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2017 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 14, 2017 at 3:51 AM
He is still just a FWB.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2017 at 3:52 AM
Well yes i know that.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He is still just a FWB.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 14, 2017 at 3:53 AM
Well then you know what to think.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well yes i know that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2017 at 3:54 AM
No. The fwb thing has always been clear. Him telling me he loves me is where im not sure what to think

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well then you know what to think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 14, 2017 at 3:55 AM
There is nothing to think, you're just fwb. If he actually wanted anything more he would say so.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. The fwb thing has always been clear. Him telling me he loves me is where im not sure what to think

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2017 at 3:56 AM
You're not understanding what i am saying so nevermond

Quoting Anonymous 2: There is nothing to think, you're just fwb. If he actually wanted anything more he would say so.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. The fwb thing has always been clear. Him telling me he loves me is where im not sure what to think

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 14, 2017 at 3:58 AM
Lol nothing has changed, your relationship is still the exact same, no more or less commitment, still just occasional sex. The only thing you have done is muddy the water by getting attached.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You're not understanding what i am saying so nevermond

Quoting Anonymous 2: There is nothing to think, you're just fwb. If he actually wanted anything more he would say so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2017 at 4:10 AM
Im not attached.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol nothing has changed, your relationship is still the exact same, no more or less commitment, still just occasional sex. The only thing you have done is muddy the water by getting attached.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 14, 2017 at 4:13 AM
"it was more than JUST sex. I felt connected to him on a deeper level"

Hmm not what you indicate in your op.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Im not attached.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol nothing has changed, your relationship is still the exact same, no more or less commitment, still just occasional sex. The only thing you have done is muddy the water by getting attached.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2017 at 4:27 AM
Then youre reading into. Feeling something and connecting with someone does not equal me being attached.

Quoting Anonymous 2: "it was more than JUST sex. I felt connected to him on a deeper level"

Hmm not what you indicate in your op.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Im not attached.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)